Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I park my truck under a wooden carport and it is infested with carpenter bees that get this yellow glue like substance on my black tundra and I am a little pissed about it and I cant seem to kill them or drive them away. Anyone have an idea or a home remedy to get rid of these critters?

Thanks guys!

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have to put anything into the bottles to attract them or kill them or do they simply get in the bottle and die?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
75 Posts
Make a paste out of boric acid and water and squirt it in each hole with a syringe. It will kill them. Takes a little time for them to die, but it will also kill any bees that come in the future to use the holes.

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't use any attractant or bait in the bottles....they fly in to the "house" to explore and then head for the light to get out...which unfortunately for them is the bottle trap. Once they enter the bottle, they can't fly back out.
The traps are really cool and I am going to make me some today I think if I have the chance because these bees got to go!

· Registered
405 Posts
They are super easy and pretty damn cheap to make even if you have to buy materials. The 2 things I found very important was that the hole needs to be close to the size hole they are boring and the holes need to be angled upwards to simulate the holes they bore. the one trap I made didn't have those 2 things taken in to consideration and I caught NOTHING in it...modified it slightly and waaaalaaaa!

· Registered
1,303 Posts
yes, and I have tried everything to fill in the wholes but they eat right through it!
I live in a log cabin in the mountains of Virginia. My battle with carpenter bees usually starts in may and lasts until September. Fill in the holes with clear caulk. They can't burrow back through that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
421 Posts
Fire! and lots of it haha. kidding...

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I built the be traps and they have yet to caTchaikovsky a single carpenter bee anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Btw I have killed over 40 bees with a dip net and my shoe lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.