Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Tacoma I see sometimes on my commute home that has some type of bed rack with a Yakima or Thule style carrier tub mounted to the top. The same kind you normally see mounted to the roof of a car, van, or SUV. I thought this was a great idea since it gives you all the bed space with a carrier on top.

The legs were silver, wide (like a Thule leg), and curved near the top where it goes under the tub for support. Reminds me of a four legged spider. Does anyone know what this setup is or if I can get it for a Tundra?

· Registered
326 Posts
Like this?

This is a Pace Edwards with explorer rails which allows you to mount Yakima or Thule accessories. PE is compatible with the Tundra. There are other brands that do the same thing.

I run 4 bike rack mounts on mine. You can also get a cargo basket like the Yakima "Load Warrior or "Mega-Load Warrior". The possibilities are endless ;)

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think the one I saw sat higher up, but that's the same idea.

· Registered
2,358 Posts
Thule makes a rack called the xsporter (422xt or 500) that can drop below cab height. I have seen people run moab baskets and also the cargo boxes.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

The only thing keeping me from one of the cargo boxes is the spacing of the bars. Some of them have to be fairly close and I also use mine for surfboards and boats where I want the spread (currently about 4.5').

I believe there are also just load bars that you can get but I don't know if they attach to the bed top rails or maybe into the track system.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.