Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately 2 years ago I installed some bed lighting tied into the cargo light wire. All has been working fine up until yesterday. Approximately one year ago I added some blue LED strips to the interior that was triggered off of that same wire. I did install a separate fuse box to power these LEDs. One of my fuses blew and one of the LED strips had a short. I repaired the fuse, I repaired the strip with the short. Now, my cargo light does not work. I tested all of the fuses, good. When I activate the cargo light button, I can hear the relay pop. Wood a bad switch cause the cargo light to not illuminate at all but still activate the relay? I am at a loss at this point.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Have you tested the light bulb itself to make sure it’s not a burned out bulb?
Does the LED strip light up?
Start here, check the bulbs first, and then check for power at the sockets that the bulbs go into.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so I thought I had checked all of the fuses. But, guess which views did not get checked. So yes, the problem was with the fuse. I have a double cab model. The cargo light fuse is in the engine bay, and it is off to the side by itself with a small cluster of relays.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Approximately 2 years ago I installed some bed lighting tied into the cargo light wire. All has been working fine up until yesterday. Approximately one year ago I added some blue LED strips to the interior that was triggered off of that same wire. I did install a separate fuse box to power these LEDs. One of my fuses blew and one of the LED strips had a short. I repaired the fuse, I repaired the strip with the short. Now, my cargo light does not work. I tested all of the fuses, good. When I activate the cargo light button, I can hear the relay pop. Wood a bad switch cause the cargo light to not illuminate at all but still activate the relay? I am at a loss at this point.

Where did you tap the cargo light wire? I have an 08 DC and looking to install puddle lights under the doors that will come on with the cargo lamp/door opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.