Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and wrap some interior pieces of my crewmax to see what it would look like. I am in the process of doing the switch panels for the window and door locks, as well as the little inserts behind the door handles. I’m also doing the dash bezel and the area around the center console that is normally grey. I’m thinking of doing the center attack, but I want to see how the rest comes out before I invest the time.

I bought 2 different colors of wrap. Both 3M 1080 Scotchprint, one black, the other anthracite (silver) you see in the pictures the differences in the looks of the 2 colors.

I’ve attached a few images of how the parts came out, couldn’t decide which color I liked or if the 2 tone look would be OK, I can always go back and change it.

I’ll be doing a complete write up on the job once I’m finished, lots of pics as well.

Attachments

Reactions: BRX

· Registered
323 Posts
interesting ...

· Registered
245 Posts
Sub'd

· Registered
1,116 Posts
I used the 3M vinyl on some stuff under my hood. It turned out OK, but it is tough to work with. Your stuff turned out great. Next, I'm planning on hydro dipping my dash and fuse box covers.

· Registered
57 Posts
I am in the process of getting the dash of my Fj hydrodipped. It just takes a long time to get back. I haven't driven it in 2 weeks. I'm having it done in kryptek typhoon. From TWN industries! For those that don't know, the Fj dash matches the body color .

· "Resident Liberal"
13,624 Posts
Someone posted the hydrodipping thing and it looked pretty awesome.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was kicking around doing this. Great to see it done. How hard was the window switch panel? I was thinking it would look good on the big gauge piece but that would be tough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The switch panel was a little bit of a pain, I did it a few different ways, I heated and depressed the area over the hole for the switch, then cut it it was difficult to stretch it down it there and make it look good. I ended up just trimming around the outside edge of the cover, a LOT quicker to do it that way, once the switch is back in, you really can't tell.

I'm doing the big bezel. If you take it all the way out, and remove the little trim rings from it, there is enough room to push the edges pf the wrap inside and then when you put the little covers back on, it will hide the spots you "tucked"

· Premium Member
303 Posts
The switch panel was a little bit of a pain, I did it a few different ways, I heated and depressed the area over the hole for the switch, then cut it it was difficult to stretch it down it there and make it look good. I ended up just trimming around the outside edge of the cover, a LOT quicker to do it that way, once the switch is back in, you really can't tell.

I'm doing the big bezel. If you take it all the way out, and remove the little trim rings from it, there is enough room to push the edges pf the wrap inside and then when you put the little covers back on, it will hide the spots you "tucked"
Well you know the drill sir. Please post some pictures when you're done. Or you could be really cool and do a write up.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you know the drill sir. Please post some pictures when you're done. Or you could be really cool and do a write up.

Write up is in the works, I need some time to finish up the bezel, work has got me busy...should be done by the weekend.

· Registered
121 Posts
I like that! Looks sweet man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.