Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to start a thread to help out anyone looking to add tint to any vehicle. With a pretty large gulp, I gave the thumbs up to have carbon tint installed on my truck today. I had them remove the tint that came from the dealer.

So the product is SunTek CXP. I went with 18% front and rear. Effectively, this makes the back close to limo tint and the front one shade darker than "legal".

It is 107 degrees today and the sun was blaring through the window. Normally I would be a bit uncomfortable and have the A/C cranked to maintain. Not so with this product. I felt nothing on my arm and had the A/C on medium. Mainly, I had this done so the kiddos in the back were comfortable but I could not be happier.

They did mention that they have a clear film for the front window as well. I passed only because I put my lake sticker on the window. I may sway however after how remarkable this stuff actually is.

I'm glad I ponied up. It has a lifetime warranty against just about anything as well.

Here is a picture for what it's worth. I hope this helps anyone thinking about tint and if they should spend extra for the upgraded stuff. ( $300 ) I didn't shop around as I had really good success with the shop and was under a bit of a time crunch and they fit me in. Besides, I enjoy supporting a local business. :D

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, I thought 100% the same. Heck, almost called them back to change it, but after the difference in heat, it was well worth it. I made the commitment to keep this truck for a long time so I didn't mind. $40 was to remove the old tint, so $260.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts