Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't usually buy into the extended warranty thing, but I had just spun a bearing on my Evo and a sheared a cam shaft bolt that year on my JCW Mini that year. I spent almost 16k on motors that year before I bought my 2nd Tundra. I didn't want anymore out of pocket costs. So I said F it. Piece of mind is priceless. I'm glad I did now.

Although If I was going to pay for a new tank I would have gone with one of those transflow tanks.
I think Transferflow quit making tanks for the Tundra. Their site used to have the 46 gallon tank for the Tundra; now it shows no tank for the Tundra. I procrastinated too long. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tank

I was getting ready to order a tank a couple of months ago and looked at Transfer Flows site. About a week later I looked again to place an order and the Tundra tank was gone. I called and talked to a lady there and she said that it was discontinued and no info on whether it would come back at sometime or not. She said that they had gotten a few calls about them though so maybe.

There's a thread over on Ih8mud where someone got the new Toyota 38 gallon tank installed pretty easily into an older Tundra with the new tank and a couple of other parts.

I also found a place that is the US distributor for Long Range Automotive out of Australia. They are Cruiser Brothers out of CA. They have a 46 gallon replacement tank for the Tundra that looks real similar to the TF tank and is priced about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Well,

I got my truck back today and happy to say can now put fuel in. Total cost for bill was just under $1800.
Warranty work correct?

Did they say what the problem was?
Why wouldn't it take fuel?

Or did you just go in there and say
Give me fuel, give me fire
Give me that which I desire
Ooh!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Warranty work correct?

Did they say what the problem was?
Why wouldn't it take fuel?

Or did you just go in there and say
Give me fuel, give me fire
Give me that which I desire
Ooh!
^That's a badass song!

My extended warranty covered it. They didn't mention it. They said they were going to take it apart and see what had failed or was causing the issue.

good lord .
I hope they filled it up with fuel as well .
They put in 10 gallons which doesn't amount to jack sh!t.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I saw that happening to the truck in front of me at the gas station last month and asked the pump jockey. He said he sees that all the time, usually after some thief has tried to siphon gas out of the car. The usual causes for this are: plugged filler hose, tank sensor malfunction (smog), and kinks in the filler or return hose after accidents.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone ever had a problem trying to fill up? I can't seem to get it to take any gas.

2016 5.7 FFV Crewmax 49k miles.
Never used E85.
Never top off.
No check engine light.
Just started doing this last week.

Toyota diagnosed (charcoal canister over the phone) when I first encountered issue. I work out in the Oil and Gas industry. My truck has been sitting at my house for a week now. Any ideas?

Anyone ever change out the charcoal canister? Can't seem to find any info on anyone having issue with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That's a warranty issue, and the dealer will do it for you for free, most likely. (I missed that sentence the first read-thru.)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts