Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum and I’m mainly here to do some research for my
Boss. He recently ordered a 2018 Tundra Platinum,with Extended crew cab. Problem we’re having is we can’t find suspension for a 2018. So is the 2017 the same as the 2018? Sorry for the noob question,and I’m hoping for a quick response! Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
What kind of suspension are you talking about? Is your boss wanting to lift the truck just for looks or for function? Also what kind of budget does he have to work with? Just a few questions to paint the picture.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What kind of suspension are you talking about? Is your boss wanting to lift the truck just for looks or for function? Also what kind of budget does he have to work with? Just a few questions to paint the picture.
Picking up on this ^^^.

Get your question(s) laser focused. If you can't get laser focused then admit you don't really know how ask the questions in detail but "this is what my boss is wanting to do." Budgeted monies (for parts, which will be expressed in US dollars) is of great hope. Like wimminz.... the truth is in the details.

Use the search function and enter "suspension" then get ready for "WWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" when you see the results. That's because suspension is a lot like speed and the old adage about speed: "speed costs money............how fast you want to go?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pardon the late response. We were looking at the TRD Sport kit and the Bilstein coilover setup. The problem is Bilstein hasn’t released if the 2017 kit will work on a 2018 (via Bilstein’s primary Canadian distributors). So we just want to know if they made any changes to the suspension mounting from last year to this.

We narrowed it down to the two kits we want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Why did I get the strange idea this thread was going to be something about a maple syrup filled TRD shock that was superior to the oil in a conventional one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.