Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change out my headunit in my 2013 Tundra. I realize i will need to buy the Metra Axxess ASWC adaptor to keep all my steering wheel buttons, but will I still be able to use the built in stock microphone for making calls that's in my truck? I've seen other posts where someone said that you can't use it.

Looking for a good double din with Sirius XM that will give my stock speakers a little more volume and still retain all my stock features of my NON-JBL system.

Also, do new head units come with a plug to use the factory satellite radio antenna that is already in the truck?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The mic: I can't remember if anyone has successfully used it, but I know a new mic has been installed in its place. That would probably work better anyway, search for that one.

Steering wheel buttons: I know there are many fans of the Metra piece. I would suggest the PAC SWI-RC. I've used both and like the PAC better. Plus with some head units you can use the phone buttons.

Sirius/XM antenna: Some brands, GM for example, the stock antenna cable can't be used. Others, VW for one, can be used with a slight modification. Just take a look, it's usually pretty obvious if it can be used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts