Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question, but can you put a 3" body lift from one brand, on with a different 4" suspension brand? and If so can you add body th lifts to an already existing 2" leveling kit or do you have to remove the leveling kit?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yea, I am also wondering the same thing. Bought my 13 cm TSS brand new with a 3" lift and 295/55/20 nitto Terra grapplers from dealership and am wondering if I could possibly add a level kit or another lift.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
yes you can put a different brand body lift on a different brand suspension lift. Alot of guys here have it example 6" Pro Comp suspension lift with 3" performance accesories body lift.

·
Registered
381 Posts
yes you can put a different brand body lift on a different brand suspension lift. Alot of guys here have it example 6" Pro Comp suspension lift with 3" performance accesories body lift.
I will be one soon, just bought my 3" PA the other day will be installing on top of my 6" pro comp stage 1 stoked!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be one soon, just bought my 3" PA the other day will be installing on top of my 6" pro comp stage 1 stoked!!!
I've talked to a few people and they said the body lift will mess your truck up more than help it, and that if i want to go big just get the full suspension, instead of a smaller suspension + the body.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've talked to a few people and they said the body lift will mess your truck up more than help it, and that if i want to go big just get the full suspension, instead of a smaller suspension + the body.
if i had 7k i would buy BP 12" but i know alot of people with the 6+3 and they havent had a single problem yet. What where the people saying would mess up more then help it? Ive never heard of a single problem as long as you go with Performance Accessories Body Lift. Please elaborate on what it will mess up

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
problems with body lift can include the following:

-transmission shift linkage binding
-steering shaft may need lengthened
-wiring harnesses may be stretched to much and may need lengthened
-in cases of off-roading body lifts have been known to tear the body mounts on the frame or on the cab itself by increasing leverage thru the use of the "pucks" (similar to the issues that arise from using lift blocks on the rear axle during off-roading)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i had 7k i would buy BP 12" but i know alot of people with the 6+3 and they havent had a single problem yet. What where the people saying would mess up more then help it? Ive never heard of a single problem as long as you go with Performance Accessories Body Lift. Please elaborate on what it will mess up
The guys i talked to said it will eventually tear your truck up, they were saying especially if you go off road it is likely to wear and tear on everything. I mean i want a big lift, im just still confused on which to do, body and suspension or pay the extra and get full suspension.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
The guys i talked to said it will eventually tear your truck up, they were saying especially if you go off road it is likely to wear and tear on everything. I mean i want a big lift, im just still confused on which to do, body and suspension or pay the extra and get full suspension.
Hmm my last truck I had 6+3 and wheeled the balls off of it and never once had a problem. The tundra sees the woods but is more of an attention getter at the beach so I won't be beating it up in the woods this time around. But eek my cousin has 12+3 and he runs 44's on his Chevy for 8 years hasn't had a problem yet. So I think it fully depends on the shop you get to install it. Make sure you go to a reputable shop to install it. Not some shlt shop that will make a huge difference there I'm getting mine installed during winter time so won't have pix for a while yet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm my last truck I had 6+3 and wheeled the balls off of it and never once had a problem. The tundra sees the woods but is more of an attention getter at the beach so I won't be beating it up in the woods this time around. But eek my cousin has 12+3 and he runs 44's on his Chevy for 8 years hasn't had a problem yet. So I think it fully depends on the shop you get to install it. Make sure you go to a reputable shop to install it. Not some shlt shop that will make a huge difference there I'm getting mine installed during winter time so won't have pix for a while yet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah im getting all of mine done around christmas as well, but i appriciate the help and imput. Hopefully i can make my mind up soon lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts