Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a new Crewmax and am waiting for delivery, it's not a deal breaker but I was wondering if you can fit a 450 dirtbike ( I have a Kawasaki KLX 450R) into the back of a crewmax with the endgate up?

It wold be great if I could take my dirtbake with us when we go camping with the trailer.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a new Crewmax and am waiting for delivery, it's not a deal breaker but I was wondering if you can fit a 450 dirtbike ( I have a Kawasaki KLX 450R) into the back of a crewmax with the endgate up?

It wold be great if I could take my dirtbake with us when we go camping with the trailer.

Thanks in advance,
Although I am not familiar with that exact bike, it will probably fit. I was able to load a BMW street bike in the back with the gate closed by placing it at an angle. Other than that, you may be a prime candidate for a bed extender.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, but with the tailgate down I can't pull the travel trailer...

I would guess if you got a streetbike in I should be okay, hopefully.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I just put my KTM 535 EXC in the back last night, its a tight fit but it fits. It has a paddle tire on though, so it should be no problem with a dirt tire.

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Just angle it in there and should fit, but very tight. Just don't try fitting a full sized ATV in there, it won't work unless tailgate down and that is dangerous if you ask me going any longer distances even strapped down. Did it once with tailgate down on my DC bed and won't do it again, dumb idea.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
My 08 Yamaha YZ250F fits diagonally.... It works great..:cool:

·
Registered
228 Posts

not a crew max. but try this

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
i fit my wr400 in a ranger stepside... now THAT was a TIGHT FIT, but still fit...

if i didn't have my xc bumper on my quad it may fit with the tailgate up.

its missing by about 3 inches.

im not afraid of driving with the gate down, i wouldn't be afraid of taking it off either...

then again, i use plenty of straps, some just there for safety.

the only thing i dont like is with my quad in i think the gate can lift and bounce a lil, i dont like that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had a CRF450R for a while and it fit in the back just fine with about 3-4 inches to spare. pain in the ass to load/unload by yourself though.

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
I had a CRF450R for a while and it fit in the back just fine with about 3-4 inches to spare. pain in the ass to load/unload by yourself though.
i read : need ramp(s)

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
I was gonna make something to keep the tailgate from bouncing before I found these: Vehicle Systems: Tailgate Latchbar. I ended up getting a different tonneau cover, so my quad fits with the tailgate up now.
now thats what i was thinking about, thx for the link :lol5:

Correct but even with ramps its not fun...though not impossible either.
yea, my wr was a heavy beast, i didn't have ramps, sucked... then i got ramps and it was a lil better, still no fun on your own.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Anyone try fitting a full cruiser in a crewmax? can the tailgate support the rear weight/ tire on it for a 5hr ride?

my rear tire supported comes to 80 inche, but front tire touching the inside of the bed all the way to rear fender ending is 92 inches.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Life is SO MUCH EASIER if you can spring the $$ to buy a flat aluminum trailer. Easier to load and unload the bikes. Plus you can carry extra gear and your buddies bike so you can share gas costs.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I see there are a lot of KTM's on here:)
I got the dc for this very reason. With the DC i can hall my KTM XCFW 250, my wife's TTR 125LE, my generator, gas cans, ect with no problem. All I have to do is get a strap and hook it from my tailgate to my footpeg and pull it tight and im all good to go when I pull my 28ft avenger. Without my camper and other stuff I just turn my back end around like in my sig.

Anyone racing the AMA Cajun classic National Enduro This weekend? I am on row 44

1 - 20 of 28 Posts