Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beating my head on the wall here. Have a 2013 Tundra. I've talked to 3 different installers and they are all telling me they are not sure if it's the right kit or the ones they have in stock are correct. Said the stock head units were changed for 2013 and they aren't sure if it fits. Anyone know? Surely the kit doesn't change, the dash is the same back to 2007....

Amazon.com: Metra 99-8220CHG Single/Double DIN Dash Installation Kit for 2010-Up Toyota Tundra Vehicles (High Gloss Charcoal): Car Electronics

·
Registered
207 Posts
That kit worked well for my 2010. If you look close you should be able to tell that your dash is metallic charcoal vs black. Color matched pretty good and fit was fine.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, the color should be good. I'm wondering about the fit though on a 2013. That's what the installers are telling me they don't know if it works or not.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that looks like the same exact kit i used in my 12 crewmax (i forget which one i ordered last year),and i haven't seen any radical changes in the stock headunit of any newer tundras except for the addition of a entune radio.i think the installers are just to lazy to actually do any research or get their systems updated.dash shape is the same in a 10-13 tundra as it is in a 07-09 tundra,so you will be good with ordering that kit to install a new headunit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BTW, the folks who used the metra kit, did you guys have to do any further fabrications? Or was it a perfect fit for double din units?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I installed mine yesterday, fit perfect. Just had to dremel off the single din seperator

·
Registered
333 Posts
The thing I see is Metra has three finish options...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Three finish options to suit different dash colors in various years of trucks. I have the charcoal high gloss in mine. Some people need the black high gloss. I don't know that I have ever seen a truck with the flat black dash but that's the third color Metra makes. Get whatever color matches your climate control surround. The 2013 should be the same as the rest of the 2nd gens. Here's a picture of my 5500 in the charcoal high gloss.

Attachments

Reactions: mts6175

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Three finish options to suit different dash colors in various years of trucks. I have the charcoal high gloss in mine. Some people need the black high gloss. I don't know that I have ever seen a truck with the flat black dash but that's the third color Metra makes. Get whatever color matches your climate control surround. The 2013 should be the same as the rest of the 2nd gens. Here's a picture of my 5500 in the charcoal high gloss.
Thanks for posting that. It should be the same. I just don't see a manufacturer changing the mounting specs a year before a complete redo comes out, but you never know. I have my doubts that they changed it between 12 & 13.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts