Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the B&W as well. The bottom bolt for your hitch gets swapped for the airbag stud. It’s a PITA to install but it’s do able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I will probably give the springs a try since they’ll be here tomorrow. I do prefer the adjustability of the bags but if I get the desired look and performance for a fourth the cost why wouldn’t I?

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will probably give the springs a try since they’ll be here tomorrow. I do prefer the adjustability of the bags but if I get the desired look and performance for a fourth the cost why wouldn’t I?

Springs could sacrifice ride comfort unloaded much worse than bags, which can be wired down to a minimum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Springs could sacrifice ride comfort unloaded much worse than bags, which can be wired down to a minimum.

Update: Installed the helpers last Friday and hauled the fifth wheel down to the football game for the weekend, a little over 200 miles each way plus all the unhitched running around. The springs did exactly as intended giving just a bit more support and leveled the ride a bit. I wasn’t looking for anything more out of them. Seems most noticeable when crossing uneven conditions while making a turn. No noise whatsoever and the unloaded ride is unchanged. To get the expected results for a fourth the cost of bags I’m gonna have to keep em for now. Thanks for all the input!

81 - 83 of 83 Posts