Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if I can run 325/65/18 on my truck if I mount them on a wheel with a -12mm offset? My truck is leveled with the 3/1. I don't mind removing mud flaps or other plastic, but I don't want to chop any metal off the body. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
No chance. You'll be hitting body mount for sure. I'm running 295/70r18 on an 18x9 with +14 mm offset with 3" of front lift and I don't even have 1/4 of an inch clearance on the body mount. You'll be all over it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yup. The only guys you'll see running a negative offset have 6 inches or more of lift...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have not purchased the wheels yet. I was wanting the -12mm offset so I could get a little wider stance. Do I have it backwards? I thought the -12mm offset would put the tires further away from the wheel well.
Let's say I buy 295/70/18 tires. What offset would put the edge of the tire about 2" or 3" outside of the fenders?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
If you want the tires to sit way outside the fender, you want low (negative) offset. Just get smaller tires. If you want to get 35 inch tires with 3/1, get around 35 mm offset. If you want to run 35 inch tires that's sit way outside the fender, get a larger lift.

Reactions: Bluesea112

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I ran 325 65 18's on a 3/1 with +18mm offset. Rubbed body mount at full lock. Just had to do normal plastic removal and pushing forward.
If you want them to stick out far, get 0 offset, but you'll have to stay around a 33 or 295. You'll still have to do the plastic mods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts