Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an imported Red Tundra 2007 5.7 Crewmax in Karachi, Pakistan.

Absolutely in love with the car already, however in recent long journeys the exhaust note is a little too loud for my liking, the passengers have to make an effort to speak (yell). When I got it checked it turns out that it has a thing called an aftermarket cat back (dont know the brand, will post pictures if that helps) system which is why its that loud.

I love the sound of the v8 but not all the time, so I was wondering if theres a cat back system out there which would go quiet on a touch of a button, and back to loud when I want it to.

If there isn't anything as fancy as this I would probably go back to a stock system, which is another issue cause where I live Tundra parts are not available. In which case I would like fellow tundratalk members to suggest a place i could find this part so that i could import it.

Thankyou

·
Registered
159 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
This is a tough one since you can't get any parts for your Tundra. Contact Keith (dirty deeds). He's the resident guru on exhaust systems and he should be able to suggest some sort of solution.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go to sounddeadenershowdown.com to learn about soundproofing.
You don't have to buy from there but I would recommend the CLD tiles and the extruded butyl rope. You will need 25-30% coverage of CLD to reduce resonances and rattles, but what will quiet down the vehicle is closed cell foam with mass loaded vinyl on top of it. Sound deadener showdown explains all of that. If you do everything it will cost roughly 800-900$ for a crewmax. If you don't get the sds mlv, CCf, or CLD, I'd recommend MLV from TMsoundproofing.com, CCF from thefoamfactory.com (1/8" gym rubber, it has a smell so let it sit outside for like a week before putting it in your truck, it will go away). And CLD from KnuKonceptz (KnoKnoise Kolosssus) it's the best bang for your buck CLD on the market. I did my whole truck myself but I didn't have the aftermarket exhaust and I had around a 6db decrease in volume going 60mph. Your exhaust drone should be cut down considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I recently purchased an imported Red Tundra 2007 5.7 Crewmax in Karachi, Pakistan.

Absolutely in love with the car already, however in recent long journeys the exhaust note is a little too loud for my liking, the passengers have to make an effort to speak (yell). When I got it checked it turns out that it has a thing called an aftermarket cat back (dont know the brand, will post pictures if that helps) system which is why its that loud.

I love the sound of the v8 but not all the time, so I was wondering if theres a cat back system out there which would go quiet on a touch of a button, and back to loud when I want it to.

If there isn't anything as fancy as this I would probably go back to a stock system, which is another issue cause where I live Tundra parts are not available. In which case I would like fellow tundratalk members to suggest a place i could find this part so that i could import it.

Thankyou
I will ship you a stock muffler and tailpipe for $1000 USD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts