Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my ARE topper for 2 yrs with the yakima rail system and love it. Since I've now put the lift and ~34s on. I want to have more of a rugged look with the cargo basket i have on the cap.

Is anyone running lights on these? I searched and could only find roofracks over the cab but no setups over the bed/cap. I would love to see some setups and how your wired them.

I go camping hunting and fishing up here in alaska and could sure use some more light output on top of the 50w hid retrofit. And the light facing the rear would be really helpful around the campsite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for any ideas

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Cheap flush mount led pod in the rear bumper makes a world of difference! Think I had like $50 in mine but they are even cheaper now. I highly recommend this mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheap flush mount led pod in the rear bumper makes a world of difference! Think I had like $50 in mine but they are even cheaper now. I highly recommend this mod.

Ive been thinking about this option as well. Im Just not sure which way i would wamt to have wired

·
Registered
452 Posts
@flnbar No sir. thats a Devolro truck. Look at their website. Super expensive but you should be able to get ideas.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check my build log from few years back. I bought a rage xl basket made my own light bar with harbor freight $16 lights that I converted to hids

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, ill read up.

·
Registered
62 Posts

agree. i did rigids on the tundra but have installed 4 or 5 sets on friends chevys and fords. last set i used was $20 off amazon. all still work all were cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts