Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cam tower leak.... Extended warranty denied

Hey guys I hardly post on here but am always looking around. My 2013 with 13,000 miles had both cam tower leaks repaired last week. I contacted Toyota like so many on here about an extended warranty. Today they called me back and said they would not extend my warranty. I told them about how many people have had there warranties extended and she told me it was a case by case issue and that her supervisor said no. I asked to speak to the supervisor and she said it would not change the outcome. Is there anything else or anybody else I can contact to get my warranty extended? Just doesn't seem right that my top end was tore down at such a low mileage and they wouldn't be willing to reassure me of toyotas reliability by offering me an extended warranty. Just wanted to know if anyone ran into this and took another course of action
Thanks

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Call back and say feel uncomfortable after 36,000 miles with THE WHOLE MOTOR BEING TORN APART. Speak to someone else.
Will get traded before factory warranty expires for a Nissan diesel is another thing to say!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Sometimes you got to insist and persist because its your hard earned money in the end. Call and keep calling and talk to GM of dealership as well.
Went through crap like this with rail dust all over on a pearl white vehicle. DROPPED THE KEYS AND CAR at dealer and left, continued payments for 2 months till I got a new vehicle through buy back exchange. That fiasco sucked, but not my fault and not about to get bent by them painting a whole vehicle with 52 miles on it. And the point is got extended warranty of 7 years/100,000 no deductible too. I would have preferred no issues like you, but they should stand behind it for longer then 36,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2010 Tundra SR5 with 4.6ltr. bought at 37k miles in 2014. In 2017 at 74k miles had a CEL for emissions. Cost me $1100 and they told me Cam Towers were leaking *quoted $3200. I had a tech at my work look at it and said it wasn't but it will (he knows Toyota issues). I bought an EXT WARR. The leaks didn't really occur for almost 3 years at 109k- (near end of ext warranty) so I had cam towers resealed- fixed. Shortly after I replaced the spark plugs and 4 middle cylinders had wet threads. I asked my tech, he said the plug tubes are pressed into heads-they're leaking. Heads need to be replaced, it needs to go to Toyota dealer for that. I took to a Toyota dealer in north Phoenix (i won't say the name), explained the problem, he misunderstood and thought the valve cover seals were leaking into the tubes. EXT WARR declined because those should have been replaced during cam tower repair.... they were! that's not the problem, he didn't listen to me and he didn't have a tech actually diagnose my complaint. I pulled the truck from his dealership and took to another on Camelback Rd (i won't say the name). I explained the issue, he had it diagnosed, his tech boroscoped and took pictures. contacted EXT WARR and they authorized new heads and a loaner car...WOW! North Phoenix Toyota BLEW A BIG TICKET

1 - 7 of 7 Posts