Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog rides in the back of my truck and I always lay a blanket out to cover the seats and a towel over the center console in case he tries to jump on it.

Have any of you done anything to protect the door panels? I yell at my dog not to jump on them and keep the windows rolled up but shit happens......I'm thinking about trying to find some clear vinyl (like what they use for clear bras) and applying it to the panel but I'm afraid it will look like crap.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts

Reactions: 909SCUM

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Built her a bed. Bolts to the seat mounting locations. I put her pillow on top of it and still retain seating for 5 (front bench). She does slobber on the door but she doesn't step on it.

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Sport utility vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
540 Posts
Built her a bed. Bolts to the seat mounting locations. I put her pillow on top of it and still retain seating for 5 (front bench). She does slobber on the door but she doesn't step on it.

View attachment 89001

I like that, I was thinking of doing something similar when I get my Tundra.

I mostly want to be able to put two beds in the back seat for the two big dogs. Our little JR Terrorist is happy to just hang out on a lap when driving.

Thankfully our dogs our well behaved in the car and cause no more mischief than nose streaks on the windows. Now if I could only figure out a way to keep Labrador hair from getting everywhere...

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I wouldn't want anything permanent. lol :)

I'm going to pick up a set of those door covers or make my own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is a police vehicle. It's cheaper to make your own door guards. I made some for my car for free (someone donated the material). The set-up I posted above was actually made at a nearby prison for $700. Not too bad considering purchasing a kennel for a car is about $1600-$2500.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm just using cheap black throw-away seat covers from autozone. Also to protect interior from me and my friends. Dogs aren't the only ones that can stain a seat! A girl I know did something pretty cool for her backseat in her car that I have been meaning to have her do for me. She took a new saddle blanket and on one side sew on loops with some rope that go over the head rests to hold it up. It just drapes down and covers the whole seat. You can take it out when you need to easily unlike a seat cover and it protects the back of the seat and the bottom. I hope that makes sense..

Note to self: go buy a blanket to have her make one of these for me out of.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have found seat overs and door covers. My issue is idling in the pace between the front seat backs and the bench seat to make a larger, flat area. Orvis has some blocks but I hear the space in the crewmax is way too big for them to work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have found seat overs and door covers. My issue is idling in the pace between the front seat backs and the bench seat to make a larger, flat area. Orvis has some blocks but I hear the space in the crewmax is way too big for them to work.
Mine is just a double, but my black lab slept like this for probably an hour on the way home from a day of hunting. No blocks, her body is just spanning the gap between the back seat and the console.

Reactions: Koji and SamuraiCO

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Bought this and couldn't get it in with the window up. So I rolled it down. Got it in and then read the part about use on tinted windows so I took it out. Rolled up the window to see it already scratched up the tint at the top of the window. Can't see it when it's up but I know it's there. Time to find some other solution.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I got rid of the quadruped and my truck looks, feels, and smells a lot better.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I got rid of the quadruped and my truck looks, feels, and smells a lot better.
I have no idea what that means.

I ended up sticking a business card in the space where the tabs on the door cover are supposed to go to create some space and slipped the tabs in behind the business card and then pulled out the card. Worked great.

However, soon we'll have two rear facing infant seats in the back and I'm not sure where the American Bulldog will ride then. May have to get a box for the bed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have no idea what that means.

I ended up sticking a business card in the space where the tabs on the door cover are supposed to go to create some space and slipped the tabs in behind the business card and then pulled out the card. Worked great.

However, soon we'll have two rear facing infant seats in the back and I'm not sure where the American Bulldog will ride then. May have to get a box for the bed.
It means, he's no longer a dog owner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
just teach it to ride in the bed

Reactions: Southern4x4
1 - 20 of 30 Posts