Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just curious about terminology for Intakes used in this Truck world. Now I am a new Tundra owner but a long time tuner. I have been messing with import cars for the better part of twenty years. The reason I mention this is because throwing a intake on something is about the first move anyone planning on tuning their vehicle does. Now to my question... I have been looking into Intakes from Toyota to aftermarket and it seems everyone refers to them as "CIA's" or "cold air Intakes." However I have not seen any cold air intakes I have just seen ram air intakes. Cold air intake implies that it is pulling cold air from out side of the engine bay instead of the engine bay where the hot air is. So is this just a term that is being thrown around by people that don't know any better or is there something that I am missing?

·
Registered
507 Posts
That hole in the fender where your airbox is, is not air from under the hood so to speak. Depends on what brand and setup.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
AFE Stage II is what I got. Been on the truck now 150k of the 156k miles I have. Air being pushed by the radiator is cooler than what is combusted in the engine. If you google Cold Air Intake it comes up with Summit and all brands as CAI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts