Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I tried DirecTV now and didn't like the interface on my Samsung smart TV.
We just use the 2nd gen stick and box and all seems ok as far as the interface. Not sure what it looks like on
smart tv.

We've been with them since launch date and got the special price to be guinea pigs for the Go big package.
Hopefully the increase dont affect us. Thats exactly why we dumped cable.

Guess Im going on chat to find out right now...:facepalm:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Watching tv should not be a part time job. Some of these services take up a lot of time to get to stupid tv.
My woman wants me to find the new series, set up recording and then run the remote through commercials.
After making decisions all day, she doesn't want to do it at night all the time.
How do you get the 411 on new shows on hulu or netflix? Unless you have people who you trust to give you good leads, you are at a party and you cannot join the conversation

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
Right now our life sucks. Our jobs are stressful and while building our new house, our current remodel POS house got put on hold and is now going on 4 yrs. We basically live out of our bedroom. The only time we watch TV is while laying in bed before going to sleep at night and maybe a little bit when we first wake up on the weekends. We originally cut cable to save money while we fixed our debt and got our shit together. Now we use Sling, local TV and occasionally use our daughter's Netflix.
Point to all this nonsense is my wife wants to get cable when we finally move into the new house. I think it's just because we havent had it and have been living like poor people in a shit house and she just wants it because we haven't had it.
BUT,.....we are moving into a nice house, out in the country and will have more things to do, be outside more, etc,.....and will likely spend even less time watching tv than we do now. And we don't have small kids. It will just be us.
But if I try to explain why we shouldn't spend $100-150 a month on cable when we move, I'll be the grumpy asshole.
So, good luck with all that I guess.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,629 Posts
$70 a month, so not too bad including HBO and Starz and whatever other premium channels they included.

our Cox box came yesterday, soo glorious, their setup menu and interactive guide is amazing. the remote, holy shit it is nice, oozes of elegance and technology. also has a little button you push and you can verbalize your commands. so you dont have to chicken peck every character when searching for a show.
love it. was watching Shark Tank and The Profit last night. was able to remember most of my favorite shows and have them setup to record.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm a little late to this thread as I do not utilize this entire forum much. That said I cut the cord years ago and never looked back. Digital air antenna provides all the local content. Android Core 965 media Box custom loaded with a KODI media server and various Addon's to watch movies and TV show replays. PlayersKlub Subscription and Addon provide all national and international live streaming content. And of course Netflix which is a bit overkill at this point. Not including my Fiber Optic internet connection that I require for my home office anyway my monthly Home entertainment cost is around 25 USD.

·
Registered
448 Posts
After speaking (chatting) with one of their "Humans", looks like my bill is going up $10.00 bucks. Still cheaper than cable.

Directv Now = $48.15 going to $58.15 month (3 streams and DVR)
Prime TV = $119.00 year or $9.92 month
Netflix = $11.76 month

Total = $79.83 (for too many stations to possibly watch) Prime and Netflix may go away since we rarely watch those two.

Looks like, since Ive been with them from day 1, we get to keep our package (Go Big) at the reduced rate of $35.00 for 100 plus stations.
At last count it was around 118 I think. What started out as $35.00, went up $5.00 when they released the update for 2 streams and DVR.
I then purchased a 3rd stream for an additional $5.00 to make it $45.00 plus tax.

Anyone coming on board now will only have the two options available(Plus or Max) at the $50.00 or $70.00 price points. So we are still ahead of
the curve...lol, as long as the price flattens out.

Still better option than cable or satellite.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Usually if I don’t get something like a particular sports channel, I’ll walk to the pub at the end of my block and ask the owner to put the game on while I have a couple $2 16 oz drafts.

·
Spooge Guzzler
6,318 Posts
Does Direct tv have it's own infrastructure, or does it use the existing mostly cable infrastructure already in place?

161 - 170 of 170 Posts