Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have both an Android box (BeeLink Ultimate GT1) and Fire Tv box. I use Cinema HD for movies and TV shows. I also subscribe to AvexaTV for $35/month and I get live TV, all the premium stations, all the movie channels, local, regional, news channels, PPV, international channels, & adult.

The only issue I have with them is when they do an upgrade and you have no choice but uninstall/reinstall the app. There is no IP restrictions, meaning you can take your box/stick with you if you travel and have available broadband connection.

I've tried the free iptv apps but they are unstable and buffer a lot! Check out avexatv.com! Maybe a bit pricey than other providers but they have been in business for over 10 years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used to use Kodi a lot but it was too much of a hassle to keep up with maintenance with all the addons. Cinema HD, TeaTV, Morph uses the same sources like most Kodi addons. But with a Real Debrid account you get better and more reliable links with the apk's that I just mention. Plus there are rapid installers via FileLinked that does the installation for you. Cinema HD, TeaTV, & Morph once you install them via a rapid installer if there is an update it will prompt you and all you do is click to update and follow the steps to install

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I didn't cut the cable but I did switch from copper to fiber. After getting the womans email off of the spectrum servers, I switched to fios and saved some money. Got gig internet and upgraded channels along with a 1TB DVR and a slave boxfor less than $150 with all the taxes.
I have a computer that I can connect to the tv and a amazon box for shows but I have trouble keeping up what fios gives me. I bought a 2TB drive to upgrade the DVR.
Fios is so much better than spectrum. I get 1080p instead of 1080i. The picture is much clearer and brighter, and the sound has come back. I was going to buy a soundbar as I had the tv turned way up and had trouble hearing with spectrum. They would come 5 times a year and say that they fixed something that was already perfect in the house. And it never got better as from the pole distribution box to my tv,everything was as good as you could get.
These services are still more than others but it is simple. Turn tv on and watch. Worth it to the woman. And local channels are very important and OTA is not very good due to my location.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cut direct tv and couldn’t be happier. Netflix and fire stick from now on.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
we have netflix, prime and digital air antenna... but i fukn hate it.. i miss cable..
but for now it'll have to do
#pwt #okielife

:lol5:

Just get the Direct TV “family plan”.

One person pays for the service, the rest of the family borrow a box and buy their own dish off eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
Just get the Direct TV “family plan”.

One person pays for the service, the rest of the family borrow a box and buy their own dish off eBay.

Of course, you would have that suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
I know you might not believe it, but I actually don’t indulge in such debauchery simply because I can pay my cable bills.

Its just funny because, a while you back, you denied being cheap, and then I quickly pulled up five examples of where you posted about being cheap on the forum.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Its just funny because, a while you back, you denied being cheap, and then I quickly pulled up five examples of where you posted about being cheap on the forum.

It’s kinda hard after growing up living a life of frugality. If there’s something I want like an OLED tv, I won’t wait for it to come down in price and I’ll go out and spend $3k for it, yet I’ll go on monoprice.com to get the cheapest HDMI cables.

I think it’s the years of watching my father get by on just social security and still have money left over each month. I don’t mind spending money on others yet I tend to cheap out on myself.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts