Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started looking for some bars and like the Westin platinums, black. I have a DC and was wondering if most of you guys with step up bars did cab to cab or wheel to wheel. I'm leaning towards cab to cab mainly due to cost. Any pics of bars cab to cab or wheel to wheel? Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I did cab to cab and like them, whichever route you take, PM Josh @ SVCustoms for the best price you will find. He is a site sponsor, awesome guy and he has the best price to boot.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I did cab to cab and like them, whichever route you take, PM Josh @ SVCustoms for the best price you will find. He is a site sponsor, awesome guy and he has the best price to boot.
X2 Josh is awesome and has great deals! I'm going to get some Nfabs cab length for my DC next week. You should check out his thread for NFabs, lots of pics to get ideas! But like he said Josh can get u almost anything you want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
446 Posts
If its crewmax there is no wheel to wheel just cab to cab

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its crewmax there is no wheel to wheel just cab to cab
Yeah, I have noticed that and with the DC, it is a pretty big difference between cab length and W2W. Both in price and looks. The CrewMax bars look perfect. Is there anyway to get a CrewMax to fit on a DC without drilling?

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Yeah, I have noticed that and with the DC, it is a pretty big difference between cab length and W2W. Both in price and looks. The CrewMax bars look perfect. Is there anyway to get a CrewMax to fit on a DC without drilling?
Well maybe simplest way is to find someone with a crewmax and tape measure it from wheel well to wheel well and if it is identical or close to yours including cab mounting holes then you could probably get away with some multiple application rails.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Just started looking for some bars and like the Westin platinums, black. I have a DC and was wondering if most of you guys with step up bars did cab to cab or wheel to wheel. I'm leaning towards cab to cab mainly due to cost. Any pics of bars cab to cab or wheel to wheel? Thanks
Here's the ICI Wheel to Wheel bars on my 2010. I've never been a fan of Cab-Length bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Narrowed the field

I am going to cab to cab be damned. Just not into the full wheel to wheel look on a Double Cab. I like the Aries 4 inch oval, the Aries Pro Series, and the Westin Platinum. All black. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nfabs cab length imo.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice! No mine aren't textured. I was thinking about lining them though when I do my bed. Svcustoms is awesome, good choice!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Awesome! I think I'm going with the textured ones

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think you'll be pleased with the textured ones, they look really cool. Can't wait to see some pics when you get them installed. Install is such a piece of cake with the Nfabs, too, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
N-Fabs on Smallish Trucks?

Nfabs cab length imo.

I think the N-Fabs are great looking bars. This is all personal preference so no offense intended, but I just don't think they look that great on smaller trucks as compared to ones that are lifted 6 inches per say. Your truck looks similar to mine, when I say small, I mean trucks that aren't jacked up, do you have a side shot with the N-Fabs on? Thanks. Below is my new to me baby! Stoked

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think the N-Fabs are great looking bars. This is all personal preference so no offense intended, but I just don't think they look that great on smaller trucks as compared to ones that are lifted 6 inches per say. Your truck looks similar to mine, when I say small, I mean trucks that aren't jacked up, do you have a side shot with the N-Fabs on? Thanks. Below is my new to me baby! Stoked
I see many mods in your future! Great looking truck. I've got a 3" lift. It looks like you are running a 3/1, is that right? I like them but the bigger trucks do look great with the Nfabs. I like mine because because the sliders protect my rockers pretty well, too. Black on black is awesome, too. The steps are actually getting use now with the 3" lift lol. The Aries look real nice, too and I'm sure anything you go with will look great. Can't wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's the ICI Wheel to Wheel bars on my 2010. I've never been a fan of Cab-Length bars.
Hey CMB,
That's the type of bars that I am looking for. How much and did you get them through SVCUSTOMS like a lot of members are suggesting? Had w2w bars on my last truck and want them on my Tunda. I have the 2008 DC like your 2010.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Hey CMB,
That's the type of bars that I am looking for. How much and did you get them through SVCUSTOMS like a lot of members are suggesting? Had w2w bars on my last truck and want them on my Tunda. I have the 2008 DC like your 2010.
If I was buyng today, I'd look at the 5"bars, instead of the 4" ICI's I bought. Steelcraft and Raptor both offer 5" models for our trucks,both are 'wheel to wheel'. They're gonna be priced pretty "healthy" but I can't get passed the look of the cab-length bars plus the fact you have added access to the bed with wheel to wheel models..I'd sure give Josh at SVCUSTOMS a shot at sellin' em to ya!;)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I have a CM, but if mine were a DC, I would go with wheel to wheel, since I am short enough to benefit from the easier access to the bed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts