Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 13 DC 4x4 with 5.7 engine. With the tow pkg and 4.30 rearend and I drive in the 1600-2000 rpm range for most of my daily driving. In park or moving my truck steering wheel right at 1800 rpms resonates like when the power steering fluid is low. Took in into the dealership to have them take a look and while I was there I went over and started 2 new trucks on the lot and both of them did the same as mine. I have owned 8 previous Toyotas and have never felt this buzz before so I think its in the design of this model truck. Can I ask that fellow TT members with 07-13 model trucks with the 5.7 run their trucks between 1600-2000 rpms and reply back to this thread. I really didn't notice until I drove a buddy's Ford F150 and it was so smooth. I'm so conscious of this vibration that I may buy a thick leather wrap to help absorb the buzz. Sorry for the long post but I'm pissed that a 40K truck has this type of issue. Please run your trucks and reply back! Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Been awhile since I have driven mine but don't ever remember having a "buzz"

Reactions: Hunter450

·
Registered
195 Posts
No buzz here....
Do you wear a lot of jewelry ?
Like rings and bracelets....???
:D

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I drive my 2007 5.7 while wearing crocs, and I don't have a buzz (unless I'm buzzed).

2010+ trucks have questionable steering racks to begin with, but I'm not so sure that rpm would have anything to do with it :dunno:

Try balancing your wheels ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the technician at the dealership was no help. His answer was the 5.7 was such a torque filled engine that its must be transmitting engine vibration through the motor mounts... thru the frame and up the steeing rack.
If the 2010+ trucks were having steering rack issues, maybe a slight design change in the assembly is now causing this. I appreciate the feedback even the ones about shoes & jewelry.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Hunter... sad to say, I have this issue too. Just short of 2000 RPMs, I can feel the buzz up the steering wheel and even in the gas pedal.

I have a new 2013 CM Limited w/about 8000 miles. It started doing it about a month after I bought it. Took it back to the dealer and was fed the "that's normal" bullshit.

It does seem a bit less severe than when it first started happening, or I could just be getting used to it. Certainly not happy about it, but don't really have the time to make a big stink about it at the dealer right at the moment... and I'm quietly praying it will go away.

Please keep us posted should you get a resolution.

-Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts