Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude I am sick worrying about what new tires to buy.

I've been running BFG ATs in 285/55/20. I got about 45k out of them but they are expensive as hell to replace.

I really like the trail grappler but it only comes in a 295. I'm worried about them rubbing.

A guy I know at a tire shop is trying to sell me on the toyo open country at2s in 285.

Guys, I don't know what the hell to do. I want to stay at or below $1500

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Judging by your profile picture, you have 20s?

That might help the guys that know what sizes you can run with the 20" wheel. ALso, factory height?

Lastly, the Toyo AT2s seem like a pretty BA tread. I'd buy 'em tomorrow over a set of Nittos... and I have a set of Nittos and like them a considerable amount.

-rockstate

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I don't know enough about the 20" tire sizes, BUT I will tell you this much...

Take a 275/65/18 for instance. 275 is the width in MM of the tread. 65 is the aspect ratio (or percent) of the 275 that makes up the sidewall. 18 is the diameter of the rim in inches. Do the proper conversion to inches from MM, double up the answer of the sidewall and then add it to the 18 to get your approximate total height.

With that said, a 295 might fit on a stock truck if it's no taller than a 33.5" or so.

You can get a little more leeway on a 285, and a little more on a 275.

-rockstate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a difference in the at2s and the at2 extremes? The pics of the at2s on Toyos website look kinda plain - non aggressive

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the Toyo AT 2's in a 275/60/20, which is a 33". I am very happy with them. My shop said they would fit on a factory truck with no level kit. The next size up in the same width is the 275/65/20, which is a 34" tire and I dont think those would fit stock height but maybe someone knows otherwise?? The Toyo's also have a 65K treadwear warranty which is incredible!!! The ride is very nice and I think the little bigger sidewall over the stock 32's" really helps the bump absorption on the 20's".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I have 20s and its stock height.
You running stock wheels? If not what offset? Nittos come in 295/55, 295/60, 295/65. The 295/65's will rub no doubt. The other 2 may rub the UCA depending on wheel offset.

Just have your tire guy do a test fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went with the Toyo Open County At2s. And I love them! Went with 285/55/20 and they dont rub at all. fit nicely and look good!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Toyo AT 2's in a 275/60/20, which is a 33". I am very happy with them. My shop said they would fit on a factory truck with no level kit. The next size up in the same width is the 275/65/20, which is a 34" tire and I dont think those would fit stock height but maybe someone knows otherwise?? The Toyo's also have a 65K treadwear warranty which is incredible!!! The ride is very nice and I think the little bigger sidewall over the stock 32's" really helps the bump absorption on the 20's".
Any pics?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Went with the Toyo Open County At2s. And I love them! Went with 285/55/20 and they dont rub at all. fit nicely and look good!
Any pics as well? I'm debating between 285/55/20 or 275/60/20 atii for my next tire.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I still have the factory TRD BFG's for winter if needed, But I went with the Toyo Proxie STII on my limited 20" rims stock size, more of a Summer tire, very very quiet, allows aggressive cornering and no shoulder roll, and they track amazingly well through heavy rain/water, how long will they last ??? no warrenty info on them, they are right and left side specific, Mine have ran 10k so far and no signs of wear. So far my favorite tires, they blow the doors off the BFG's.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
i had those 20" toyos on my last tundra and they lasted 18k miles...................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll post some pic tomorrow. Its raining like hell here now. My BFGs lasted 48k miles. We'll see how long the AT2s last!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Yeah I tore those bitches up. I drive my rides like I stole them. When I sell or trade them in driving like a geriatric doesn't gain me any happy points with value.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts