Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Just bought a 2011 Tundra(4.6L, SR5, Double Cab) about a week ago, and couldnt get the dealership to put new tires on it before we bought it, so now its on me. Might be a good thing because they would have probably put some cheap-ass low grade crap on.

So Ive been pricing some Michelins, of course- the LTX M/S 2 (275/65) and the cheapest Ive found is online- places like tirerack.com ($237/tire) and discountwheelwarehouse.com ($227.36/tire). These end up being a couple hundred dollars cheaper (with shipping) than buying at Discount Tire or Costco- BUT they still need to be installed and balanced/rotated and all that good stuff.

My question is has anyone purchased tires online and taken them somewhere to be installed- is it worth it, what happens when you get a nail, etc. What have your experiences been?

Thanks

· Registered
875 Posts
I would wait until Costco has their $70 off coupon the get them there. Costco is a great place to get tires.... Free rotation, free balance, free flat repairs, prorated replacement if damaged....

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would wait until Costco has their $70 off coupon the get them there. Costco is a great place to get tires.... Free rotation, free balance, free flat repairs, prorated replacement if damaged....
Just got the latest coupon flier- its in there. I went with Discount Tire on my Frontier, and thought the world of them- they are like a NASCAR pit crew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.