Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Always wanted a big truck and this Saturday I finally get my chance.

Father in law selling his 2007 SR5 5.7L V8 4x2

The catch is he threw his back out exactly halfway through a starter replacement. So on Saturday I have to head over, bolt in the new starter and put the mess back together.

Watching lots of tutorials and taking notes!

I'm not a car guy - I've changed a tire and my oil and that's about it. I have a newfound interest in wrenching on my vehicles, so I will be hopefully utilizing this forum and you all's knowledge going forward.

There was chatter on this forum about the concept of installing a "pigtail" on the starter that can be utilized if and when the starter fails again. I'm very interested in pursuing this, as my FiL is cheap and I assume he bought a cheap starter replacement. Thoughts on this, esp explaining to me like I'm 5 would be very helpful! I'm tried messaging the author of the thread but your forum still might think I'm a bot and isn't allowing me to send messages yet.

Hope to learn more soon!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey gang,

Always wanted a big truck and this Saturday I finally get my chance.

Father in law selling his 2007 SR5 5.7L V8 4x2

The catch is he threw his back out exactly halfway through a starter replacement. So on Saturday I have to head over, bolt in the new starter and put the mess back together.

Watching lots of tutorials and taking notes!

I'm not a car guy - I've changed a tire and my oil and that's about it. I have a newfound interest in wrenching on my vehicles, so I will be hopefully utilizing this forum and you all's knowledge going forward.

There was chatter on this forum about the concept of installing a "pigtail" on the starter that can be utilized if and when the starter fails again. I'm very interested in pursuing this, as my FiL is cheap and I assume he bought a cheap starter replacement. Thoughts on this, esp explaining to me like I'm 5 would be very helpful! I'm tried messaging the author of the thread but your forum still might think I'm a bot and isn't allowing me to send messages yet.

Hope to learn more soon!
Give these a try :)
Or

1 - 3 of 3 Posts