Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
For the price of the 22 Tundie, pretty much entering Super Duty/HD Duty territory... Plus, more options too.
While true, since a buddy just picked up a 2500hd, cc lb, gasser for about $57k... But it isn't optioned by any means. The nice SD's and hd's, still end up being $72-92k... Like an F250 platinum gasser comes in just shy of $77k... With nice options.

Reactions: Thinlizzyfan
The 38 gallon tank is a scam. It may hold 38 gallons, but when guage reads nearly empty, I can only add 31 or 32 gallons. Have read it has to do with fuel pickup tube?!?
I bought the time tested 2021 SR5. I have put 10k on it since new, hooked to my Airstream right now. Like it so far.
That's funny. Reality is that Toyota took the tank and stretched it by making it longer to put more fuel in it. So for example, if you empty the tank so that there is only 4" of fuel on the bottom, both tanks will have different amounts of fuel but the gage will read the same. When my fuel light comes on, I still have 12 gallons left. When my computer says 0 miles until empty, there are 8 gallons left. Same every time.

I just ordered a new Tundra yesterday. That's my build. The technology is awesome and I'm pretty excited. To the people that said there are no 22 Tundras in the area yet - well duh! They aren't out yet. The website just got updated 2 days ago so you can now build one online. Demos will be at dealers at the end of this month into January. Pre-ordered trucks will trickle in in January. My truck will take 12-16 weeks to get. That sucks but it's a done deal and have the trade in offer and purchase price in writing.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

I just ordered a new Tundra yesterday. That's my build. The technology is awesome and I'm pretty excited. To the people that said there are no 22 Tundras in the area yet - well duh! They aren't out yet. The website just got updated 2 days ago so you can now build one online. Demos will be at dealers at the end of this month into January. Pre-ordered trucks will trickle in in January. My truck will take 12-16 weeks to get. That sucks but it's a done deal and have the trade in offer and purchase price in writing.
View attachment 888170
I just looked to build to see pricing and I don't see the PRO as an option, is that being delayed?

View attachment 888170
Could you share what that purchase price was ?

I stopped by my local Toyota dealership to get some trans fluid and was talking to one of the sales rep’s that was interested in my truck and he said he’s hearing that the 5.7 may be an option mid-year. That’s the second time I’ve heard this.

I stopped by my local Toyota dealership to get some trans fluid and was talking to one of the sales rep’s that was interested in my truck and he said he’s hearing that the 5.7 may be an option mid-year. That’s the second time I’ve heard this.
Maybe he was saying that hoping it'd help sway your thoughts of selling your truck😜. Seems unlikely an engine change midyear would be an option, especially on a whole new platform.

You may be right, but one could hope. He did say the new motor should be pretty reliable. He did go on to say the weakest link is going to be the retransmission since it really hasn’t undergone real world towing. Toyota has always been known for quality, but I still have a hard time buying a new model year vehicle. Hopefully there won’t be any issues.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.