Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a ARE Z-series back at the beginning of January and just had it installed recently. My experience could not of been worse. So I had to pay $1000. down to order it. When I went for the install I had to sign a invoice/contract that had all sorts of disclaimers including that they wouldn't gurantee it to be weatherproof. When it was finnished I went outside to check it out and it was covered in white dust from the polishing. I asked him to clean it so I could check it out and thats when I discover several paint blemishes. The hardware was rusted all over and the aluminum rivets were corroded. He handed me the keys and they were even rusted. The third brake light was crooked and he stuck tape behind it and acted like it was good as new. I've owned several Leers XL and XQ models, and I've never had an experience like this. Come to find out ARE uses salt at their plant during inclimate conditions. They(ARE) didn't even say they were sorry. The dealer has been very uncooperative and it is probably going to be going to small claims court. If you order a top, be careful about what you sign, request that the top be clean prior to your arrival, and inspect it prior to installation.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
I had these,problems with my leer,i was inthe return window soits gone. Gl

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Agree on dealer issue most likely not fault of mfg.

Thanks for the heads up though, but I would never put money down on a topper without having them sign off that if unhappy with product for ANY reason, I get my money back 100%. Same holds true when you put money down on a new vehicle, you make darn sure in writing on offer to purchase that for whatever reason you dislike vehicle, you get down payment back no questions asked. Most dealers will honor that whether topper or new vehicle, if not, walk away. Lesson learned!

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
So if you had a LEER in the before why didn't you get one from them?? :dunno:

I really like my LEER..!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the ARE, because the Leer XQ is $400 more in this area. Also my last XQ had sveral issues with the hatch. That being said it looks much better and I would have bought another if the price was lower. As for this situation this top should of never of left the factory with its paint and finish issues and should not of been exposed to salt at the factory.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
I went with the ARE, because the Leer XQ is $400 more in this area. Also my last XQ had sveral issues with the hatch. That being said it looks much better and I would have bought another if the price was lower. As for this situation this top should of never of left the factory with its paint and finish issues and should not of been exposed to salt at the factory.
There was some little things that needed to be fixed on my LEER but they fixed this stuff fast so I really can't say anything bad about LEER. ;)

btw most people would have be ok with my LEER Tonneau cover but I'm a little anul about my stuff. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My ARE has been perfect since day one,,, couldn't be happier with it. Sorry to hear about your install issues. That would piss me off too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've had two ARE VX series on my last two F150s and they were great! Excellent color match and very durable. The ARE on my current Ford is 7 years old and looks like new. When my new Tundra is delivered in a couple of months, I'm going to buy another ARE.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Love my ARE V Series. I live in the mountains and haven't had one problem with leaks or anything. Although when installed the guys who did it, did make small mistakes. small as to say didnt put batteries in my led light, and decided to not secure the wires for that light. but a quick trip back to bring it to the attention of the install manager made for a quick fix and a talking to the install guys, which i personally watched them get reamed. Very happy with my cap and im sorry to hear about your sorry excuse of an install. i would contact ARE as they keep track of all their certified sellers. I contacted them when they ordered my wrong windows, but they assured me the right windows were on the way and were also at the discounted price for not having them installed at the factory! Very happy with ARE, but happiness with the dealer varies by location!

·
Premium Member
10,466 Posts
That sucks and would make me sick! It does sound like a dealer issue, BUT if they are authorized by ARE as a dealer it becomes their problem too. Get them involved. Check for a Facebook page for both the dealer and ARE and make a post. We will post behind your post on FB.

Social media gets results quick! This I know!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts