Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand where the front differential drop spacers and back carrier bearing drop go, but where do these 4 go?
I'm not doing the work, just curious, thanks!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I understand where the front differential drop spacers and back carrier bearing drop go, but where do these 4 go?
Where did they come from? They look like a lot of extension to me.

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It’s at least a two to one ratio. If you use a 1/4” shim on top of the coilover you need a 1/2” bump stop extension.
You sure? I thought the bumpstop spacer should be about the same since they are about halfway between the LCA pivot and the hub.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I’ve tried a couple different brands of coil overs. Anytime you add a shim the shock/shim combo no longer fits in the coilbucket without the shock bottoming our before the arm hits the bump.

You need the bump longer like that. I hear your logic on the length. And it’s late and I’m responding now so I don’t forget. But it hurts my brain right now so I can’t say why it needs to be that long. It just does. Haha

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Anytime you add a shim the shock/shim combo no longer fits in the coilbucket without the shock bottoming our before the arm hits the bump.
I hear ya! Too many people don't extend the bumpstops. I guess they can get away with it if they don't go offroad or ever hit a bad pothole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.