Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few ideas from some that are on the market, and came up with this set for mine. in the drawing its all flat, but some of the pieces will be angled in and out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Looks real nice!! Like the emblem cut outs. You going to make it to hold a winch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: aweis

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have no need for a winch, so this will just be a "cooler" looking bumper lol. I went off of the ICI bumper another member posted a few weeks ago, I liked the look, so I just made a few changes to make it my own. ive always liked that tundra logo, so I wanted to incorporate it somehow

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might end up moving the T logo to the outside corner of the back bumper, it just depends on how much room I end up with.

the small triangle cutouts will serve no purpose on the front bumper, so im going to cut 3 sides of the triangle and just bend it in to give it a different look. im still debating on fog lights, but if I decide to go with them, they will probably be on the panel just to the outside of the center. I might try and find a way to fit my stock fogs in there. im starting with the front bumper, so I will have some time to make a few changes to it before its ready for powdercoat/lining. haven't decided on that yet

·
Registered
56 Posts
You gonna have it all cnc plasma cut and bent then weld it yourself? If so I'd be interested in buying material pre cut and bent. I can weld it out Maybe that would help out cost on your build. I have people in midland-odessa that could pick it up if your interested. if anything post up good details so we can copy you lol draft looks good!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I run a cnc plasma at my work, and we have a metal break, but I think im gonna piece it together instead of bending it, since I don't know exactly how it will all end up since its the first shot

·
Registered
56 Posts
cool! I want to do the same... but I dont have access to that equipment and by the time i run back and forth getting material and pieces cut to fit and bent I might as well buy one. Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do, hopefully I can get it knocked out pretty quick, right now I'm trying to work on the cut out to match the truck curve. I'm trying to avoid doing it the old fashion way with a sharpie and cardboard, but I might have to resort to that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Great job aweis!

Have you considered using the logo as a light housing? Its a great place to hide lighting and still have the styling. allot of MFG's ruin their products by adding a HUGE logo in the product but with what you're doing you have the ability to add light where you want it and protect it as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm planning on putting a 24" led bar underneath the bull nose, the one I'm looking at is 3" tall, I've got 4" between the bull nose and the top of the bumper in the drawing. I haven't given much thought to lights behind the cut out, I just wanted to fill the void where most companies put slots

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
This looks awesome for sure. If it goes well, do you think you would consider making more? Perhaps as a side business? I might be very interested...I especially love the look of the logo in there. Man oh man this is gonna be sweet.

Reactions: aweis

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm saving everything in the computer as I'm going. If I need to make adjustments I'll change them. I haven't given much thought to making them on the side but it's always an idea depending on how this goes lol

1 - 20 of 95 Posts