Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some paint mixed to color match my silver sky Tundra, for the bumper caps and grill, and I have a few questions. I have already had the bumper off and I tried to get the fog light assembly and black bezel loose enough to remove, I THOUGHT there were two tabs on each side of the bezel that just need pushed in to get everything out, but I felt like I was going to break something, so I stopped. I only tried it on the right side of the bumper and now it is loose, so I guess I am glad I did not go any further. My question is, how do I get the entire assembly out? I also want to take the sonar out so that I am left with a bare stock bumper cap so I can color match them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks forumers.

(Moderators, do not remove this post, please. Remove the other one)

·
Registered
65 Posts
As for the fog lights, first take the screw that holds the light out. The light itself should come right out. Then the fog light frame can come off easier.

The sonar removes simply by undoing the clip and wire and pushing it through.

·
Premium Member
6,841 Posts
As for the fog lights, first take the screw that holds the light out. The light itself should come right out. Then the fog light frame can come off easier.

The sonar removes simply by undoing the clip and wire and pushing it through.
yep very easy. We painted my chrome caps to match.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you painting right over the chrome?
After talking with some professionals at my local automotive paint shop, they suggested self etching primer for the bumper caps, and not to worry about sanding them down. I know that there are threads all over the internet about sanding through the chrome, but I trust this shop that I bought my paint from, they know what they are talking about and have decades to back up their opinions. I did buy high quaility products for everything, nothing cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts