Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the previous help. Right now I'm leaning towards using a Kicker Comp RT (12") in my CM. It's rated at 800 RMS (1600 Peak) and I am looking (as most of us are) for a quality, budget amp to power this. Any recommendations? I've come across Planet Audio, Power Acoustik, and a few other brands that seem reasonably priced. Also, any experience with this sub?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Before I would recommend Power Acoustic, Planet Audio, Rockwood, etc... I would recommend a Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.1000D or a Precision Power Phantom Series 1000.1. The PPI can be had for about $180 or slightly less and the Soundstream can be found for about $170 right now on Amazon.com, although, their normal price is about $250. I run my Soundstream at 2 ohms so it's doing 800 rms to my two 10's and it slams and never gets very warm. It will also do 1000 rms at 1 ohm.

Reactions: setshot50

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what voltage our Tundras run at (12V or 14.4V)?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what voltage our Tundras run at (12V or 14.4V)?
between those...

mine is normally between 13.3 after long drives where the batt is fully charged and 13.8.... From what I have seen using tqII app.

Reactions: setshot50

·
Registered
333 Posts
^^^^ Yep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts