Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Broken nut on door check...any advice?

Ok guys, I might be in trouble.

I went back down stairs tighten the other doors and when the drivers side door began making noise again, I tried to tighten it and the nut twisted part of the bolt off...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Lets see if I can give you a picture of the door check assembly.

The door check is inside. Once you remove the door check assembly, you can put in a vice and drill and tap. There is just not enough room to do that with the assembly in the door.

Later

KO

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

Gonna install some component speakers soon, so when I remove the door panel, I'll try this out.

Thanks for the tips guys!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Well I went to tighten drivers door check from all the popping clicking opening the door and did not work. So I tightened some more and broke it of like first pic. I got the nut off and think the door check is broken from inside.
Happened from winds opening it hard a few times. This shouldn't happen either way and probably need to be replaced by removing door panel.
Part runs around 90 delivered. Expensive for what it is.
The nuts were tight so thought I had to tighten some more and snap bolt tore with nut on it.
Save the nuts do to not come with new assembly.
Looks like inside door panel comes of and speaker to be able to get to it.

Anyone else replace it?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Mine is broken too on the driver's side. It makes a loud clunking noise every time I open and close the door. Sparks has it for about $82.

I wonder if this would be covered under warranty?

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Is it the same process for the rear doors?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anyone know where to find a video of how to replace this? I found the part but no clue how to replace it.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any update on this? Mine just ****in broke and the clicking noise is going to drive me nuts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts