Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some offroading, I saw my 7 pin connector dangling from my truck with the cover broken off. where can I find a replacement? this is for a 2011 tundra without a tow package.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seriously. very upsetting. Dealer is quoting me $250 for the whole assembly b/c they don't sell this part individually.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
stupid placement bites again
Evry time I walk up to my truck from the back, I think the same thing. Everything on the truck looks like lots of planning took place before the thing was assembled. The trailer plug looks like a last minute afterthought.

This is one place that Chevy got it right.

KO

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Evry time I walk up to my truck from the back, I think the same thing. Everything on the truck looks like lots of planning took place before the thing was assembled. The trailer plug looks like a last minute afterthought.

This is one place that Chevy got it right.

KO
And finally Yota on the 14...!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
There are few threads here on how ppl have cut a hole beside their plate and moved the plug up

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
no local junk yards had tundras right now.

I broke down and bought this:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-11143395-Vehicle-Trailer-Package/dp/B004BE7WN4[/ame]

hope it works.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was in the same boat and the hopkins one worked well. It's sealed nice and it plug-and-play. Just be careful removing and taking apart the old plug connections. The 2 wire-harness plugs are attached to a bracket that attaches to the truck. You need a flat jeweler's screwdriver to take the wire-harness plugs off of the bracket.

This one would be really easy to mount beside the license plate too. It's just a round hole unlike the stock one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts