Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reckon I should start this when I actually start the build, I just started my build thread for my 4Runner a month before I traded it for the Tundra :rolleyes:

We are avid campers, most years we spend 60+ nights out in the middle of nowhere. My build will be tailored to that. No huge lifts, massive tires, or awesome electronics to be seen in the future here.

Seeing as most of you do not know me, might as well introduce myself. Name is Brock, I am a father of two girls (one is still cookin', be here in December). I am a transplant to AZ from the sticks in Ohio (Buckeye fan until the day I die, and beyond if there is college football where I am goin'). Coming here from a 2010 4Runner that was also purpose built for camping. I plan on a very similar setup to this on the CM.

Enough talk, more pics!

The inspiration....

And, the new canvas....

And just because I like to have a face to a SN, here is my ugly mug....

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
cool

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some online ordering today. Nothing too fun yet, but a few necessities.

ConsoleVault
Prodigy P3 brake controller and harness
WeatherTech digital fit liners

Still deciding on wheels/tires and lift. I am starting to really like the TRD wheels so I may keep them and just wrap them in some 33" equivalent Duratracs. I am all over on lift, mainly a spacer lift for the time being or OME kit with CB shackles.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I agree, if I hadn't got my spacers for $60.00 I would've gone OME also.

CB shackles are the best, cant go wrong there.

As for shoes, I love my Nitto's.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to Discount Tire today to check out wheels and tires. What do you guys think about 18x9 MB TKO's in flat black on either Nitto Terra Grappler or GY Duratrac 275/70-18s? The other option is to keep the TRD wheels on the same tires.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
you can fit 33.5" tires with no rub on stock truck.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you can fit 33.5" tires with no rub on stock truck.
I found a post from Discount Tire here that said that as well, thank you for the info!

Now I am undecided on if a 295/70-18 will look that much better. If it will, I will probably wait until I lift the truck. I am just not sure if I want to sacrifice the mileage for an extra 1.5" in tire. I keep seeing pics of people running them, but not really any of 33's with a 3/2.

The Level 8 Guardian in matte black is looking better and better to me. The MB TKO's are nice, but the lip on the Guardians really sets them off.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Console Vault came today, Weathertechs will be here any time now, and tint goes on tomorrow. Tried to fit this beast in my garage but even touching the wall in the front I have a few inches of bumper hanging out. Oh well, it happens. Ordered a Camco RV stop for my driveway (basically a piece of plastic that once you hit you know to stop) so if my wife has to drive me home she doesn't destroy our garage door.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered Level 8 Guardians and GY Duratrac 275/70-18s. I wheel a lot so they will work better for me. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I dont know how much of anything I lost running my 295's. Havent completed the info mod so I dont even know what my mileage is :/

Power? pfft it'll squawk tires all day if i'm not careful.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I ended up ordering 33" Duratracs and Level 8 Guardians. My research here all points to a 33" tire being best for my intended use.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome welcome!

I'm partial to say "that isn't camping. You're just dragging your house everywhere!" but I won't.

:oops:

1 - 20 of 325 Posts