Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about a noise I'm hearing. My Breaks are making a loud clanking noise when the breaks are applied. Its almost like the calibers are loose or something and they are moving when the pads engage. It happens every time I hit the breaks and at all speeds. It is more pronounced when I drive for a tad almost like the pressure bleeds off or something. I have had the pads checked and they are good, there are no vibrations, bounce or wobble, so I think the rotors are good, and there is no pull left or right. Its just the Noise, 15 CM with 60K miles, any thoughts or help is appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you are a DIYer, for safety's sake start with verifying the torque on on all fasteners and that all components are properly installed. Specifically on the front, re-torque the caliper-to-knuckle bolts and ensure slide pins, shim hardware are properly installed. On the rear, re-torque both the caliper bracket bolts and the caliper slide bolts. And as with the front, verify that all shim hardware is in place. Now that you're relatively safe from the obvious (and if the problem persists), start to narrow it down by jacking up a wheel, spin it and have someone push the brakes on. Repeat with each wheel until you find the culprit.

If you are not a DIYer or lack brake repair experience, take it to the shop, it's not normal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.