Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's time to replace the front pads. I'm at about 55k miles, and I mayyy just be starting to hear a little squeak here and there.

I wasn't sure what you guys use for pads? I've had bad luck in the past with Autozone junk (I always seem to have strange wear/noises, etc when I use them), although the lifetime guarantee makes things somewhat easy...

So what have you guys used in for the pads? OEM Toyota parts? Or something else?

And out of curiosity, are there any good aftermarket Rotor companies? After browsing around it seems most people feel Toyota's rotors are junk, which may explain some of the vibration I get at highway speed...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how the TRD pads are....

And I really wonder if I should be considering new rotors all around too, given I just needed to have the rear backing plates replaced for warping.

·
Banned
314 Posts
Hawk LTS are a great upgrade over stock, Hawk SD or EBC Yellow have even greater stopping power, but are a bit dusty and can squeak.

For rotors, I suggest a slotted set as this will prevent pad build up on the face which leads to pulsation that most tundra owners have felt. I like the Powerslot Cryos.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I could never tell what the difference in aftermarket rotors were till I had to try prying off worn ones on older cars. Maybe some brands fit loose and let water in and cause all sorts of corrosion? One set was so bad I had to use a cut off wheel to cut up the center section and pry it off the hub in pieces.

And I also had bad luck with lifetime pads from Autozone and Pepboys. One set lasted a year and although had very little wear it was full of cracks.

Now a days I try to stick with all OEM parts.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm leaning towards the hawks...but stroked has a good point too: the stocks do pretty well as well...

It seems auto anything can't ship the hawks for a few days anyways, so it'll give me a little more time to decide if I want to drop some coin and go with slotted rotors as well... Or if I should just leave well-enough alone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts