Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drive in abusive traffic.

50k - changed rotors and pads. I used stop tech and hawk.

118k - changed rotors, pads, and new caliper hardware. I used ebc and green stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any preference bet the EBC combo and the Stop tech and hawk combo?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am a contractor and drive and work my 2013 hard every day. I got 75k on the first set of front brake pads and 85k on the first set of rear brake pads. I've got 65k (now at 140k on the truck) on the second set and will probably replace the front brake pads at 70k so very consistent wear for me.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

·
"Missing a Few Liters"
4,420 Posts
Any preference bet the EBC combo and the Stop tech and hawk combo?
Hello:

I apologize for not seeing this question sooner.

The OEM warped and the pads wore down.

@50k Stop Tech (slotted/noncryogenic) and Hawk (LTS?): Better durability than OEM. Lasted 70k vs 50k. The wear was even. The stopping force seemed to improve (my opinion; not science). I did not have to change for warping. I am not sure I saw/realized any other advantage to slotted rotors. (My opinion- the slotted rotors might have confused the ABS in some circumstances.) Aside: I was told drilled rotors crack more easily. Brake myth? I dunno.

@118k EBC(regular)disks/Green pads: A critical opinion does not exist as I have about 5k on them. Note: the caliper hardware was completely replaced on all 4. I think the stopping force is an improvement or it could be that they are new. No warping or negative criticism at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2017 Tundra CM, with two package. i seldom tow and when I do it's a very small trailer. At 60k I am surprised I haven't reverse image search email checker port checker needed to replace my brakes. What type of mileage on average do we expect from 2018 brake pads??

my other toyotas fj and 4runner went through them much faster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They still had some meat left on them. I'm doing the front brakes now at 136,000.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I ordered brakes and will replace soon, just because I am currently at 75k miles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just chiming in for extra info, zero complaints so far. R1Concepts slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. As I mentioned earlier I ran them through the wringer on a trip through the Smokeys towing a travel trailer, definitely hit brake fade once as I tried to keep them cool and my speed down. Basically worst case scenario for brakes but they were predictable and worked extremely well. Another 10k miles or so and they’re still great. LOVE the combination and we’ll see how they do long term.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts