Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the 6" lift on my truck I have issues with trusting others to do competent work. I have the know how and experience to tackle these projects. But my problem is....

Here is the issue, now when I hit the brake the pedal is soft. Pump it a few more time and it builds up pressure, almost like the master cylinder is bad but once pressure has built it maintains it for a decent amount of time.

1. No leaks, drips, or low fluid
2. Bled the front brakes
3. Truck has 9,000 miles or so
4. Brake pads are all good

Any ideas guys? I am going to go home and bleed the brakes again and hope this helps???

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update;

Bled all four corners 2 times once with wife pushing pedal once with a vacuum bleeder...(in order Back P, Back D, Front P, Front D)

I looked and had two others looked for a crimped line or anything else...(nothing was spotted)

Here is were I am at now. Truck turned off the pedal is hard as can be. Start the truck and pedal is soft, pump the pedal a few times and it firms up. Drive down the road a bit and the pedal gets soft, pump it up and firms up. The truck has brakes and will stop; the issue is safety, if in an emergency situation I do not have full brake pedal, I fear the worst.

Any other ideas before I let Toyota look at the truck???

Truck just hit 10,000 miles on it

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any updates on this issue?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Following

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
if everything is firm with the truck off I doubt the lift caused anything. If the pedal is firm when off I wouldn't be concerned. With Electronic Brake Force Distribution the pedal feels different based on how you apply the brakes

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it was my fault. The wheel bearings were not completely tight in the spindles, all though they did torque out with the wrench. I should have checked them when I rechecked all the other bolts on the truck. I figured they had a cotter key lock on them I should be all ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts