Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Tekonsha P3 installed. Now I'm ready for my new camper to show layer this week.

Anyone who is apprehensive about installing this controller, don't be. Install was a snap, especially with the factory tow package. Splice the two pigtails together and done!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio
Vehicle Car Center console

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Don't forget you need a pigtail for the ground wire. Tekonsha says the factory ground wire is sized too small.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Is your shift handle crooked? My OCD alarm is going NUTS. :D

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, yeah. I intentionally turned it a bit. It is more of a natural position for me when I put my hand on it.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Lol, yeah. I intentionally turned it a bit. It is more of a natural position for me when I put my hand on it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Dude with name Big Nuge gotta be a husky feller. I ws picturing broad shoulders with arms pointed in a bit :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly what I was thinking. Dude with name Big Nuge gotta be a husky feller. I ws picturing broad shoulders with arms pointed in a bit :D

Haha.....Huskey, that sounds about right. Not sure it contributed to my shifter position, but maybe....lol

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
Now you got us curious. I think user mug pics are in order for the user mugshot thread. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just started looking for a brake controller myself. I pull a 5000lb boat/trailer with dual axes. why did you go with with that controller.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just started looking for a brake controller myself. I pull a 5000lb boat/trailer with dual axes. why did you go with with that controller.
Online reviews (including this forum). As well as the advice of one of my good friends that owns a local hardscape business with multiple trucks using these controllers.

I was going with Tekonsha anyway, and was going to go with the P2. For $20 more you get the P3 with additional features (programable trailer settings for 3 different trailers, customizable display colors, on board diagnostics etc...).

[email protected], ill work on it...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts