Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my Valley Odyssey II electronic brake controller via FedEx today. I was so excited I decided to install it instead of eat dinner. The only tools needed were a philips screw driver, a drimmel tool, and a ratchet with a 10mil socket. The job only took about 30 minutes and most of that was trying to decide where to put the thing. I decided to put the controller between the cigarette lighter and the 12 volt plug.

Step one remove the drivers side scuff plate. It just snaps in place, so pry it up.

Step two remove the left kick plate. Unscrew the nut in the back and slide the plate straight out.

Step three remove the lower portion of the dash. There are two 10mil bolts at the bottom. The top is held in with snap in tabs.

Step four remove the trim around the lighter and 12 volt plug. Once again it just snaps in place. Then unplug the elecrical connectors.

Step five mark the area needed to be removed for the wires. Cut the area out with the drimmel.

Here is a test fit.

Step six now let fish the wires through dash towards the left side.

Step seven plug the harnesses together.

Step eight turn on the brake controller and make sure it's getting power and functioning properly.

Step nine put all your interior trim back together. Calibrate your brake controller, and then go tow something really really really big!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is behind the left kick panel. Mine was about one foot above the floor board just hangin there waiting to be hooked up.

·
Registered
678 Posts
That's the same location we put our Prodigy. Dealer did it for me when I traded in the Jeep. Almost looks like Toyota designed that cubby with a BC in mind.

·
Registered
678 Posts
so without this your trailer wont break? i thought there already were hookups for trailer brakes.
The facility is there to easily install a brake controller but Tundra does not provide an integrated unit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's the same location we put our Prodigy. Dealer did it for me when I traded in the Jeep. Almost looks like Toyota designed that cubby with a BC in mind.

So with the prodigy (I have the same one in a different spot in the truck) do you have a hard time reaching over to hit the manual assist?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Prodigy fits in the little cubby right in front of the shifter (about the size of a pack of cigs), and it's easy to reach there (see installation photos in other postings). However, the Prodigy brake actuation is so smooth and powerful that we have never needed to use the manual lever.

(Used with a 19-foot Airstream, approximately 5,000-5,500 pounds.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a prodigy. I havn't had any other brake controller so I cant give you a very objective opinion, but I have had absolutely no issues with this one on my new 07 CM or on my old 05 DC. When I bought it about a year ago I got most of my information off this forum, so it can't be that bad!!

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I have a prodigy. I havn't had any other brake controller so I cant give you a very objective opinion, but I have had absolutely no issues with this one on my new 07 CM or on my old 05 DC. When I bought it about a year ago I got most of my information off this forum, so it can't be that bad!!
Thanks appreciate it. I too have an 07 CM.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well this thread got me going...here are pictures of my install of the prodigy brake controller. I did a little different work to allow the mounting bracket to work in the cubby but the pictures by BlackUSK56 were a ton of help!!

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts