21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I know---I know. Here are pics of my dirty truck.

so far I have added towing mirrors, Access Laredo tonneau cover, window ventvisors, Toyota side steps, TRD duals, and Gaugeplates.com grill emblem. Debating on fender flares and color matched grill surround next, plus need to do something with the stereo.

Also did bug shield and the dealer added door edge guards for free, plus I added a 12V plug under the dash and routed my Tom Tom power wire up the left side of the dash so its hidden under the trim until it comes out on top of the dash. Have the Rock warrior shifter as well. Not bad for having it a week.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love the CrewMax and so will your daughter.....

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Congrats and I see the mods are under way..!! :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking truck!

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
congrats Shawn, i have pondered the same upgrade.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks. Biggest issue now is what to do next.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Did you get 0% ?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yes. Also got the platinum extended warranty for 6 years 100k miles for $360 total.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
congrats, what color is your new 2012 CM? Is it pyrite mica or I think magnetic gray metallic? Looks sharp.

Not to take away from your great deal on a new CM, but I think you got low balled a little on your trade in of 18K for a 2008 with only 32K or so miles. Yah, the dealer asking over 30K is crazy, but dealer should be able to sell it for 23K or so. I would have shot for 20K trade in, but if you are happy with the price of the 2012 CM, that is all that matters. I am considering trading in my 2010 tundra DC for 25-26K trade in with 30K miles dealer said 25-26K is expected and I agree for a new 2012 DC identical SR5 msrp 36800 sell to me for about 32K with that 32K including 2250 rebate. If I can swing 26K trade in new one around 32K out the door, I don't think that is too bad for 6 grand difference plus sales tax considering before next winter 2013 I will need new tires for 1K. My 2010 tundra is 2 1/2 years old and 30K mileage and in excellent condition except for one quarter sized dimple (not really a dent) that could easily be hammered out in right front wheel well area on top.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
congrats, what color is your new 2012 CM? Is it pyrite mica or I think magnetic gray metallic? Looks sharp.

Not to take away from your great deal on a new CM, but I think you got low balled a little on your trade in of 18K for a 2008 with only 32K or so miles. Yah, the dealer asking over 30K is crazy, but dealer should be able to sell it for 23K or so. I would have shot for 20K trade in, but if you are happy with the price of the 2012 CM, that is all that matters. I am considering trading in my 2010 tundra DC for 25-26K trade in with 30K miles dealer said 25-26K is expected and I agree for a new 2012 DC identical SR5 msrp 36800 sell to me for about 32K with that 32K including 2250 rebate. If I can swing 26K trade in new one around 32K out the door, I don't think that is too bad for 6 grand difference plus sales tax considering before next winter 2013 I will need new tires for 1K. My 2010 tundra is 2 1/2 years old and 30K mileage and in excellent condition except for one quarter sized dimple (not really a dent) that could easily be hammered out in right front wheel well area on top.

Its Magnetic Gray. I like it, but I really wish they still made Blue Streak.

The old truck had 53,700 miles on it, not 32 k. It also had 2 dents in the bed and some significant scratches in the tailgate. If you look it up on KBB or NADA trade in shows $16-18k. Retail is $21-22k-ish. Actual trade # doesn't mean much, its the combo of truck cost and trade value. What made me LOL was the $32k for a used truck. It will probably sell for $22k or so when its all said and done.

$41k CM sticker, and they came off the price by about $8,000 before I was done. The rebate doesn't apply because I took the 0%. They don't let you double dip.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Lattimer, sorry I was wrong on used trade in tundra mileage. I looked at the dealer website and thought it said 32K, but must have been mistaken. With over 50K mileage, you done real good then on trade in for 18K. What impresses me even more is how in the world did the dealer give you 8 grand off 41K msrp sticker WITHOUT THE 2500 REBATE? I have researched 2012 DC tundras MSRP of 36,800 and the dealer invoice price is around 3 grand off is all the dealer will go down with another 2250 rebate on top of that if using the rebate. A new 2012 CM msrp 41K vs. my DC near 37K looking at is only 4 grand more in msrp. In reality, 41K msrp dealer invoice is more like a little more than 4 grand off is all from dealer invoice pricing. For them to give you 8 grand off vs. around 4-4.5 grand off msrp to dealer invoice is such an awesome deal I am dumbfounded how you pulled off such a super deal.

After looking at your CM pics, I do like the magnetic gray metallic now that my salsa red is no longer made. Might have to visit a few dealers in the next month while the DC rebate just went from 2 grand in January to 2250 rebate in February and play the numbers game and work my best trade in value on my 2010 DC since almost all dealers sell at dealer invoice and for me that is near 3 grand off on what I am looking at. One dealer is really pushing me to come in and buy their just arrived nautical blue with gray interior exactly equipped the way I want it. Might just do that and see that color and light interior vs. a magnetic gray with black interior which I think I would prefer. They might just shoot me 26K trade in on my 2010 sr5 DC 5.7L 4wd tundra with 30K since I know they can easily sell it for 28K making a 2 grand quick profit since no dealers in my area have any 2010 or newer DC tundras on their lot to sell, especially the salsa red metallic since that color is no longer made, it is getting harder to find and is very sharp color once clean. I just hate running around dealing with dealer salesman because they always come up with something extra like having to pay 500 bucks to go get on dealer trade what I want which when told I needed to pay last time at my local dealer, I drove 100 miles twice to go get it myself for same price.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lattimer, sorry I was wrong on used trade in tundra mileage. I looked at the dealer website and thought it said 32K, but must have been mistaken. With over 50K mileage, you done real good then on trade in for 18K. What impresses me even more is how in the world did the dealer give you 8 grand off 41K msrp sticker WITHOUT THE 2500 REBATE? I have researched 2012 DC tundras MSRP of 36,800 and the dealer invoice price is around 3 grand off is all the dealer will go down with another 2250 rebate on top of that if using the rebate. A new 2012 CM msrp 41K vs. my DC near 37K looking at is only 4 grand more in msrp. In reality, 41K msrp dealer invoice is more like a little more than 4 grand off is all from dealer invoice pricing. For them to give you 8 grand off vs. around 4-4.5 grand off msrp to dealer invoice is such an awesome deal I am dumbfounded how you pulled off such a super deal.

After looking at your CM pics, I do like the magnetic gray metallic now that my salsa red is no longer made. Might have to visit a few dealers in the next month while the DC rebate just went from 2 grand in January to 2250 rebate in February and play the numbers game and work my best trade in value on my 2010 DC since almost all dealers sell at dealer invoice and for me that is near 3 grand off on what I am looking at. One dealer is really pushing me to come in and buy their just arrived nautical blue with gray interior exactly equipped the way I want it. Might just do that and see that color and light interior vs. a magnetic gray with black interior which I think I would prefer. They might just shoot me 26K trade in on my 2010 sr5 DC 5.7L 4wd tundra with 30K since I know they can easily sell it for 28K making a 2 grand quick profit since no dealers in my area have any 2010 or newer DC tundras on their lot to sell, especially the salsa red metallic since that color is no longer made, it is getting harder to find and is very sharp color once clean. I just hate running around dealing with dealer salesman because they always come up with something extra like having to pay 500 bucks to go get on dealer trade what I want which when told I needed to pay last time at my local dealer, I drove 100 miles twice to go get it myself for same price.

I drive a hard bargain.....LOL.

I always go on a Friday or Saturday evening, 1 hour before closing time. I always go at the end of the month. I also try to pick a time of year when few people seem to be buying.....i.e., right before tax refunds come out, or when gas prices spike upwards, etc.

The right dealer at the right time makes a world of difference. Sometimes they will forsake the profit to make a quota.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts