Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The next generation is here. Brute strength. Terrain-tackling capability. 138 Advanced towing technologies. 136 The all-new 2022 Toyota Tundra is a force to be reckoned with. This Sunday, September 19, at 9:00 p.m. ET, come back here to get an in-depth look at the all-new design, features and specs. And tune in to Sunday Night Football to see the big reveal during halftime. The wait is almost over. 134

I am anxious to see what we get.
I am thinking we are getting a new diesel technology motor that pre heats the fuel just prior to entering the cylender. Clean diesel tech that possibly runs a generator supplying electric power to a drive system for the ECO MAX version, simular to what a train has. Then the base version i MAX model will be the duel turbo V-6 like the Land Cruiser is getting in other parts of the world. Then it will also have hybrid technology built within the transmission like a Prius.

The world will see at 9:00 PM eastern time.

Registered
馃嵖馃崵馃嵖

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, Born From Invincible if Toyota is competing with the Colorado and Ranger I think Toyota will be invincible. However, unless something changed the Tundra is in the 1/2 ton market with the F-150, Silverado, and what ever Fiat is branding their truck as and the Tundras towing capacity is not on the same field. I am not one to complain about power and that kind of power can be fun off road but without the ability to work I guess Toyota made another Southern California Mall cruiser.

Guess I will be keeping my Supercharged 2010 Tundra with 550 hp & 550 Torque that probably gets close to the new ones mileage until I get a 1 ton diesel. Toyota, I will still give you a chance and I will check one out in person. The new truck might make a good hunting off road rig but I already have one of those. I needed a more capable towing truck and with the other brands having towing capacity of 14,000 lbs and more this new truck is 11,000 to 12,000. What were you thinking. Do you have a 3/4 or 1 ton coming out? I certainly do not see any force to be reckoned with as stated. Did I miss something?

Reactions: ebone3

Registered
Max towing is an old game of bragging rights. Toyota has already said they aren't playing that game. And let's be realistic. 11-12,000 lbs is more than enough for a 1/2 ton. Anybody towing close to those max figures should be shopping a 3/4 or 1 ton. It's physics.

Also, be sure to read the fine print on such "max towing" numbers. The F-150, for example, can only do 14k with a less common base model SuperCab 4x2 and 8' bed. The way most vehicles are spec'd is usually way less than the max. One look at the door sticker will reveal the actual towing capacity. And once again, nobody is going to recommend maxing it out regardless.

With that said, I think there is a lot going for the new Tundra. I'll be curious to see the driving reviews in the coming weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you are right. When I looked at actual numbers (not just their advertisement of 14,000 lbs towing) of the Ford and Chevy that are equipped similar the Toyota, it is only slightly below on towing and load capacity. If it rides dramatically better as it should it may be worth the trade off. I was in a Ram 2500 with air suspension over the weekend and it rode so much better than my 2010 Tundra,

Reactions: 1_Hill and user4538

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the grill on the TRD PRO looks the worst. Some of the others although simular I think looks better. With the torque figures of the MAX and how low of RPM the torque is available The truck could be fun to drive. I have heard that a factory lift will be available. I think Mr Swears (Chief engineer) said a 2 inch lift. Then I heard it repeated as a 3 inch lift. Either way it should make clearance for a set of 35s. Hopefully Swears being a truck guy did not place a body mount in the front wheel well that needs to be cut/massaged a bit to allow a set of 35s as in the previous version.

With this amount of torque turning a set of 35 will be easy. I was really hoping for an available 6.5 foot bed on the PRO as a good tuned suspension for high speed would be nice for were and how I like to drive. The larger bed would also allow me to carry more and sleep comfortably in the bed. So come on Toyota over the next year or so as you add options add a 6.5 foot bed on the PRO and a better step in/up set up for the tail gate so it would work to step up with a shell on the back. Then I could sleep in the back while hunting. I have old knees and need all the help I can get. Maybe even AMP style duel motor deployable running boards?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts