Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just used that exact product last week, and it worked out killer on my boat. Although, the gelcoat wasn't all that bad to begin with. It's definitely a lighter cutting system, but for the $25 it was a no brainer.

EDIT: I was trying to attach pics, but my work computer blocks it. Send me a PM with your # or email, and I'll send it your way.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
what color is your boat? Mine is red and was really bad when I bought it. I tried every commercially available product I could find. It would look a little better but the oxidation would come right back in a few days. I finally took it to a boat guy and he did a fantastic job on it. He showed me the pads he used...they were really red.

Reactions: UnCivilEng

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Have you looked into the Marine 31 line on Autogeek? There are a couple threads on the forums about the new line.

Regardless you will need a rotary and assortment of wool and foam pads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: UnCivilEng

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what color is your boat? Mine is red and was really bad when I bought it. I tried every commercially available product I could find. It would look a little better but the oxidation would come right back in a few days. I finally took it to a boat guy and he did a fantastic job on it. He showed me the pads he used...they were really red.
Hey Ken, I have a "partial" navy blue hull boat. My hull is looking good but the top rail (the white above the rub rail) is starting to look rough.

Here's a pic of my boat:

Have you looked into the Marine 31 line on Autogeek? There are a couple threads on the forums about the new line.

Regardless you will need a rotary and assortment of wool and foam pads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I will look into Marine 31.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Hey Ken, I have a "partial" navy blue hull boat. My hull is looking good but the top rail (the white above the rub rail) is starting to look rough.

Here's a pic of my boat:

I will look into Marine 31.
No problem, you should be able to knock that out with off the shelf stuff. Mine was horrible...I can't find a good pic that shows it right now but red gets really bad, it looked really chalky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts