Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together the wiring harness for my new pioneer double din going in my 2008 non jbl tundra. The jumper harness wiring kit crutchfield sent me for my truck says blue wire is for power antenna. The pioneer wire harness instructions say its to connect to control terminal of the power amp or auto antenna relay control terminal. There is also a tag on the pioneer wiring harness that says system remote control. Do I need to hook these wires up or leave them?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Leave them. Power antenna operates the power antenna that goes up and down on some cars. The remote wire would go to an amp if you had one to turn it on/off- since you don't know what it is I'm betting you don't need it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leave them. Power antenna operates the power antenna that goes up and down on some cars. The remote wire would go to an amp if you had one to turn it on/off- since you don't know what it is I'm betting you don't need it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
thanks. I was pretty sure thats what it all meant, but wanted to be sure. I will tape those two wires off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which Pioneer unit did you install? How did the install go? How does it look? I am considering a Pioneer HU from Crutchfield for my '08 Non-JBL too, so I am in same exact spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts