Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08’ Crewmaxx Limited. I can’t seem to find a thread about the blower motor not going to high. I have searched and all that comes up is the blower motor being STUCK on high (I wish I had that problem with this heat!). I little background, I have 170k of intimate miles on this thing so I know what high feels and sounds like. The cabin air filters are new and the A/C compressor and charge are good (I have a HVAC background and am CFC certified).

Anyway, with the A/C in auto (again, Limited with climate control) the fan is not ramping all the way up even though the little display says it’s all the way up. With the fan in manual it nets the same result. I have seen a few threads about a resistor going bad but haven’t seen if it is related to the fan or climate controller (the bad resistor threads are confusing). When in auto, the fan seems to “hunt”. I.e. it sounds like it is ramping up and down and “wants” to go to high but never does.

Anyone have any technical info on what can cause this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Subscribed. Same issue only not auto climate control.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Replace the blower motor. I am on my 3rd one with only 50k miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replace the bl. erer motor. I am on my 3rd one with only 50k miles.
I have seen the threads about bad blower motors, but it seems like from what I've read when they fail they just stop working. How have yours failed in the past; will they not go to high or do they just stop working in full?

I hate changing parts and not knowing why. But I'd be stoked if that's the answer.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It still blows cold air. But it does not blow like it should if that makes since. Even when it is on high, it is like on medium or low. Also the moto is below your glove box. Mine always makes a whining noise when it has needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It still blows cold air. But it does not blow like it should if that makes since. Even when it is on high, it is like on medium or low. Also the moto is below your glove box. Mine always makes a whining noise when it has needed to be replaced.
Right on. Given your experience with these, where do recommend buying a replacement either based on cost or increased quality?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Right on. Given your experience with these, where do recommend buying a replacement either based on cost or increased quality?
Mine have all been replaced under warranty. I have yet to start looking for a replacement, bu I am hoping napa or someone will have one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not to sound like a smart ass but could it be on high but the filter or something on that side be reducing the air flow to make it seem that it is not on high? I know that I have seen a ton of vehicles with piles of leaves or pine needles piles up on the inlet screens.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My new 2012 has done this since day 1, I just assumed the blowers were cruddy. May ask the dealer to check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not to sound like a smart ass but could it be on high but the filter or something on that side be reducing the air flow to make it seem that it is not on high? I know that I have seen a ton of vehicles with piles of leaves or pine needles piles up on the inlet screens.
First thing I did was R2 the cabin filter...no change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts