Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
150,000 miles trouble free. 120,00 of those miles with the supercharger, and I ran her hard every single mile. Lot's cars and trucks can attest to that. But she met her end racing a Camaro SS up a hill. I was gaining on him but at about 110 mph she could take no more. :crying:

I blew 5 out of 8 pistons and rods. Nice. :laugh:

I love my truck so I am rebuilding her stronger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
oh man im so sorry. i know you have backup driver so hopefully you can build one bad ass ride. so whats your plan for the new build? im bummed i never got a ride in your truck............. maybe at the drags now with the new motor. are you still in san diego?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Ouch! :mechanic:

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh man im so sorry. i know you have backup driver so hopefully you can build one bad ass ride. so whats your plan for the new build? im bummed i never got a ride in your truck............. maybe at the drags now with the new motor. are you still in san diego?
Buddy! How you been man? In Murrieta now. I'm getting forged internals installed upping the boost to 13 pounds. Injectors and fuel pump upgraded. And of course a tune.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Dam Franky, I was supose to race you! I'll race you Now!! -lol
>:D
Your Blown Engine Scares Me Man!!
:eek:

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I had bad gas too. I mean what are the odds all 5 pistons went?

Dam Franky, I was supose to race you! I'll race you Now!! -lol
>:D
Your Blown Engine Scares Me Man!!
:eek:

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow.
What's your setup? Any smaller pulley or Bully Dog tuner?
Smaller pulley. BRX said that ASP can make a smaller pulley for it, supposed to add 6 pounds. :D I need to look into it. There's a performance shop in LA. A guy named Izzy has apparently tuned a few of these. Gonna have to ask him about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to hear that your engine blew up but you seem to be in good spirits!!!

What ecu do you plan on tuning with?

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Sucks to hear... now do me a favor and keep the racing off the streets. Take it to the track before you F up and kill someone

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sucks to hear... now do me a favor and keep the racing off the streets. Take it to the track before you F up and kill someone
Who said this was on the street? This was an uphill racetrack. 0:)

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear that your engine blew up but you seem to be in good spirits!!!

What ecu do you plan on tuning with?
Probably copy BRX as well and do the Haltech one. It's gonna be a bit before it all comes together as I have other priorities. But it'll be done. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Well there's your problem...... :mechanic:

It's just a matter of time till I make a window. I should start getting a JY engine and accumulating parts. Who's internals are you using? Cost? Links?

Good to see you around again man....even if it's for a shitty reason >:D

BTW, it's not too often you see a window in a valley :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gutz,

I guess it destroyed the SC also?

Sorry for your lost...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Buddy! How you been man? In Murrieta now. I'm getting forged internals installed upping the boost to 13 pounds. Injectors and fuel pump upgraded. And of course a tune.
well im glad to see you have a good spirit still. ive learned the hard way buy good parts and leave room to grow(add more boost) later>:D im doing good i have a baby girl being born in two weeks:eek: so thats kinda taking over my fun time and money these days. let me know if you need a hand wrenching on that beast. anything to earn a ride in the new build:D

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I think I had bad gas too. I mean what are the odds all 5 pistons went?
Where did you last buy gas from? -Name Brand? I only use Shell 91 octane..

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well there's your problem...... :mechanic:

It's just a matter of time till I make a window. I should start getting a JY engine and accumulating parts. Who's internals are you using? Cost? Links?

Good to see you around again man....even if it's for a shitty reason >:D

BTW, it's not too often you see a window in a valley :eek:
I think CP pistons and Pauter rods. I have a few unexpected things that came up so some of my budget is already spent. :( But that's the plan. I also thought about cryo treating the OEM internals and seeing what that does to them.

I know! That valley scared me, I thought the SC went with it too but it did not, the SC is all intact and still good to go.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts