Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had priced getting a painter to gloss black their badges. I don't know the going rate for painting emblems so I was hoping someone on here had it priced.

I talked to one guy and he quoted me $200 to paint and clear all 9 of my badges. I have the X-SP package so I have a few extra badges.

I was quoted $200 more dollars to paint the billet grille that came on my truck also.

I'm gonna dip them on the truck for now but I want them to be gloss black in the future. I love PD though. I had my 2012 Camaro blacked out entirely with PD and it looked awesome.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
So use the plastidip glossifier

·
Registered
442 Posts
^^^Second.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard nothing but bad things about the glossifier on the other forums. Can you simply overspray the glossifier like you can the regular PD?

The way I blacked out my emblems before was taping/covering the surrounding area and peeling off the overspray.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about the glossifier on the other forums. Can you simply overspray the glossifier like you can the regular PD?

The way I blacked out my emblems before was taping/covering the surrounding area and peeling off the overspray.
Yep, peels off just like plastidip. The Metalizers peel off as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts