Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for opinions. I have had my bed sprayed, now I'm ready to put a lid on it. I was going to go with a black undercover lid. Mainly because it seems durable. You can put things on it without it scratching, etc. But looking at the truck outside in the driveway now (it's bright red), I sometimes think the painted to match lids would look better.

Any other opinions? :(

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
109 Posts
Paint it if you think you can get away without scrathing it all to hell.

rytesyde--- You "need" that, Get it!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
come join us in the TWACC(Tundra with a Cap Club)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I think either will look nice. For solid hard tonneau, I prefer color-matched. I left my F1 black just because painting a folding cover is more problematic.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
So I'm looking for opinions. I have had my bed sprayed, now I'm ready to put a lid on it. I was going to go with a black undercover lid. Mainly because it seems durable. You can put things on it without it scratching, etc. But looking at the truck outside in the driveway now (it's bright red), I sometimes think the painted to match lids would look better.

Any other opinions? :(

Thanks,
Bill
It depends upon your intended use. I have had Undercover on my trucks for the past 10 years (2 covers). You should leave it black if you intend to periodically remove the cover (i.e. hauling stuff) because the paint will chip on the edges and you can get scratches on top. Otherwise, a painted cover will work great.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
rytesyde--- You "need" that, Get it!
I actually do. It would make what I use the bed for the most, better. I'm like you though and am not a big fan of tonneau covers so it would be for functionality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts