Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I have decided that going with the Bilstein 5100's is the best bang for my buck leveling option. I wish I bought them previously when I was just researching, but I know I saw them for under 100 each shipped, for the front and like 80 something for the rears.
Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy these is?

I can no longer find the site I was looking at before and I'm a cheap bastard. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
^^^^times 2, price was so good on mine my brother in law got his from here as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
got mine from shockwarehouse.com a couple of years back. they ride really good i think. i've been quite pleased with them especially for the price

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reactions: SWThomas

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Better than factory black shocks. The OE shocks felt too soft. I have mine set at 2.25 with 295/70s rides firm... like a truck should.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks for the info fellas! I may look into getting a set. Do you re-use the stock coils?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I want these also. Yes you do reuse the stock springs. I want to max out the lift in the front. what will i need to keep the truck almost level? I was thinking a one inch lift block for the rear. Thoughts???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just as a follow up, I did buy these from AJUSA.com, and 1 of them burst after 70 days installed. Now to replace them I need to purchase a new one from AJ, pay to ship my defective one to Bilstein, wait for warranty to even approve the claim before I can get my refund and not on the shipping, and on top of all of that, I have to pay to have the new one installed. I am very hesitant on matching the rears to the front now. I am even thinking about buying a new set of something else for the front. I am not looking forward to 150-200 "warranty" cost if these keep going. I drive on road down the highway. They are set at the highest level, with diff drop. I contacted them direct and they didn't seem too concerned about all of the cost I would incur. Just please keep that in mind if you are looking to get them yourself. I also had to bend my skid plate to stop it from hitting my factory sized tires. Just a warning on my real cost for these springs....

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
Wow, you definetly aren't the first, while I don't blame you as they are cheap but you do get what you pay for.

I'm beginning to think these bullsteins tend to blow at top setting only in a g2. Glad I went old man emuuuuuuuuuu

·
Banned
6 Posts
I ordered a set of Bilsteins 5100's for my 06 Tundra from TAP Auto Parts a few months back and have them at max settings. The installation was easy and the ride is great. I did a lot of research and for the price point, Bilstein definitely offered that best option for the price.

Thank you for sharing your warranty experience. I will be keeping an eye on my front shocks for sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts