Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Glad I could help. Going to take it back to get the alignment fixed. They put .5 degrees positive camber in it and I want that to be negative.

· Registered
231 Posts
I've got these on order for my 01, should be in any day. The guy from shockwarehouse told me I should use the middle setting to level it out. I've seen vids that show that some of these shocks have 4 settings; Stock, 1", 2" & 2 1/2" I measured ground to top of fender and it's 34" in the front and 36" in the rear. I read somewhere that the bottom setting is already a 1/2" higher than stock height so I guess I would just go directly to the 2" setting since that's my difference. The vid I watched with the 4 setting 5100's was for a Tacoma, can someone confirm that the Tundra's are only 3?
The pics of my truck are in the middle setting. It is NOT completely level. The front rides about 5/8" lower than the rear.

oh and only 3 slots to choose from.

· Registered
43 Posts
I like really your truck. The middle setting is how they should have come from the factory.
The front looks good blacked out. Nice!

· Registered
80 Posts
The pics of my truck are in the middle setting. It is NOT completely level. The front rides about 5/8" lower than the rear.

oh and only 3 slots to choose from.
So my shocks came in and there is indeed 5 settings (see pics). My front rde height is 33 1/4", rear 36" so I'm gonna go all the way to the top with these to get as close to level as possible. Correct me if I'm worng.

· Registered
231 Posts
So my shocks came in and there is indeed 5 settings (see pics). My front rde height is 33 1/4", rear 36" so I'm gonna go all the way to the top with these to get as close to level as possible. Correct me if I'm worng.

Wow much more adjustability with the older models.

· Registered
80 Posts
Yea, little adjustments. I'm assuming I'll be needing an allignment after this install also?? It pulls slightly to the left as it is but I did notice the bottom bushing on the stock stock (driver side) is almost completely blown out, the shock is leaking which I wonder if that causes the truck to lean just enough to the left to make it pull that way...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.